11/ broken ideals

ELAINE - 20 DAYS AGO 

A pang of pain spreads through my temples. My body feels languish and lethargic, I can barely move. I let out a grunt and frown into the silken sheets.

Wait.

Silk?

These are not my sheets.

This isn't my room.

Panic thunders through me.

My eyes burst wide open.

Sunshine is seeping through the large windows, falling straight on my face.

I sit up straight and adjust to the light. The room is sleek, modern, male. There's barely any accessories. There's only a large office table in the corner with a fancy computer on and a wardrobe on the opposite side of the bed. The table and wardrobe wood is black. The sheets are grey.

My heart trashes against my chest.

Where am I?

What happened?

I cannot help it. I scream.

My mind is blank. The last thing I remember is dropping off Josh. The rest doesn't exist.

I scream louder. Tears are blurring my vision, but I manage to glimpse my dress neatly folded on the black office chair.

I look at myself.

I'm naked.

Naked as a baby.

Tears fall down my cheeks.

My mind doesn't want to compute. Desperation and despair cling to my heart. No, this is a dream. This is not happening.

The black door cracks open and a tall, dark figure appears on the doorstep, "Good morning, angel."

Graham Koch enters the room, a smug, wicked smile on his lips and a platter with juice and scrambled eggs in his hand.

On instinct, I cover myself and pull back. I'm beginning to shudder. I need an explanation. I need to go home. I need my mom.

"Why am I here?" I shout. "What happened? What's going on?"

Graham grins, "I think you can connect the dots, angel. Have some breakfast."

"What did you do to me?!" My voice is breaking, my breathing is short and shallow. "Where is Josh? What happened? Tell me!"

I'm going to pass out. Pain is beating against my forehead, my poor heart is going to give out. Red, yellow and white dots appear in front of my eyes, the edges of my vision are turning black.

"You need to drink something." Graham puts the platter on the table. "Or you'll pass out."

I'm crying my heart out. The lump constricts my throat. I can't breathe in.

"Wh-what?" I stutter, unable to speak.

No, no, no!

"Relax, sweetheart." He reaches across the bed in an attempt to touch me, I pull away.

I kick off the sheets and step away from the bed, almost falling over my feet. I don't care that I'm naked anymore. I need to get out of here.

"I won't hurt you, angel." Graham grins. "I want you to feel welcome here."

"Let me go!" I manage a shout. "I want to go home!"

"Not before you eat." Graham goes to the table and picks up the glass of juice. "And get dressed."