Episode 1

The Pretty Cure of Hope is Bunbee!?

Hello, the name's Bunbee! I'm 14 years old and a second year attending Cing Lumiere. Which is some fancy middle school with these fancy purple uniforms, school work that's too hard and clubs that have way too high standards. I'm on my way to the bus stop now so I don't have time to chat.

I run through the city, taking all the shortcuts I know when suddenly I spot a small yellow bug flying around with some sort of magical aura. I stare in awe as it swiftly flies into an alleyway. I curiously follow it, wanting to know what kind of bug it is. I chase after it until I crash face first into a wall. "Ow..." I rub my head as the bug flies onto my finger revealing itself as a bee! I hold perfectly still and watch it crawl all over my hand, trying not to squirm or spook it in any way. It doesn't sting me and I manage to get a better look at it, it honestly doesn't look like a real bee. It glows pink with magic and seems so peaceful where it rests.

"Wow, you're so calm," a man appears before me with pale skin, green hair and creepy looking eyes. He walks over to me, tipping his green hat to me and holding a cane in his other hand. The bee flies onto his hat and rests there as he stands up and holds the bee up to his face. "I think he likes you," he says as the bee crawls off of the hat and onto his hand, he puts his hat back on. Who is this old man? He's a bit creepy... The bee flies away and he chases after it before I can even think of what to say. I stand there looking where he ran off in confusion as I try to think of what to do next. I hear the city clock tower chime and realize I'm going to be late! I start running at top speed towards my destination, nearly tripping several times before I reach the bus stop.

I rush towards the bus stop where my best friend Scorp is waiting for me. Scorp is also a second year and he's the same age as me. He's probably the strongest kid in school, he's in almost every sports team! And loves to show off his strength! He's so cool!! And we've been friends since childhood, we have a special bond that can never be broken! Scorp spots me. "Hurry Bunbee! If you're late again I'll kill you!" He scolds me as he follows the crowd into the bus with all the kids in matching uniforms to us. I keep running but still manage to miss the bus by two seconds, it pulls away and I fall over onto my face as I stop so suddenly.

"Ah! I'm going to be in so much trouble!" I yell at myself while standing up and booking it up the hill after the bus. "Come on, come on, don't be late!"

I finally make it to school and Scorp is already waiting with a serious expression. "Finally," he says as he hands me a sports towel from his bag to wipe my sweat with. I follow him down the pathway towards the entrance. A group of students gasp and surround someone. In the center of the crowd is the most well known student in our entire school, she's a lot taller than most students, she has wavy purple hair, green eyes that are covered by her glasses. Everyone knows this kid as student council president Anacondy aka the queen of Lumiere middle school.

"Good morning Anacondy-sama!" The crowd of underclassmen cheer as the queen walks through them with little emotion on her face. It's kind of odd, despite being popular in school and getting 100% in everything she does in school she is never seen smiling. I wonder if there's a reason behind that?

"Has everyone finished their homework?" she asks the crowd. Many classmates cheer and say yes except for one brave soul that said no. Everyone goes silent and turns to see who this kid is as Anacondy slowly turns to him. "Have you finished your homework?"

"No..." the kid says again and begins to back away as Anacondy approaches him.

Anacondy glares at him. "Is it due today?"

"Y-yes..." the kid whimpers as Anacondy towers over him.

"Then what are you doing loitering out here?" Anacondy says.