One

I tap my pencil on the desk. World history the only class that I am relatively good at.

"15 minutes left till the test is over."

Being on a easy chapter she had been finished for 20 or so minutes, now all she wished for was to listen to her music. She normally left it in her ears as her sad songs play. Blocking out the world was what she did if she can't hear it, it can't hurt her. Her fiery red hair keeps blowing into her face as the ac kicks on and off, she sighs quietly and pulls it up into a bun.

Now the cold breeze falls into her neck causing her to shiver.

"Ok, everyone test forward"

I turn around and wait for the three, usually four, people to pass up their test. Once everyone had passed the test forward he collected all of them and sat down at his desk.

"While I grade these you all will work on the assignments in classroom understand?"

The room is silent and he takes it as a yes and starts to grade the assignments. I open my laptop and start the assignments.

When i had just finished them the bell rang as the day was dismissed, she grabbed her stuff  and tried to quickly go to the bus. Having to stop at the lockers To put away her stuff was the worst part of her day.

There waited the group of three, Saint and his two best friends. Ron and Katherine. They snicker when they see me and Katherine nudges Saint.

"Look it's Nora the freak!"

They say this because my hair is naturally red, I know the reasons. But they hopefully never will.

When I was 10 strange things started to happen, it was so weird. Things I would touch would go up in flames, burning into ashes. Others times I would want something out of my reach and it would burn as well, when I was upset my whole body would heat up.

It took a lot of me to find out what I was, I asked my mom but she didn't know, or so she had claimed. After a year or so she sat down with me and told me a story.

~Flashback~

Nora was sitting Infront of her mother's lap while her mom gently brushed her hair. Humming a song that she didn't recognize.

"Let me tell you a story ok?"

"Sure"

Although her mom couldn't see her face she was smiling, her mom's stories were all was the best, all ending in the most pleasant ways.

There once was a young girl, barley a adult, she had no lover and normally stayed to herself, she loved to be creative.

When she was out one day she met a stranger and they went through a lot, but they fell in love throughout all of it. He wasn't human like she was, he was something more.

When he at first told her she was shocked, but loved him all the same. A few years go and and they have a child whom they both loved very much.

Soon a group of higher ups decided that all kids like that wasn't aloud to exist, calling them uncertainties and lost causes. They wanted to rid the world of them.

The mother and father became very worried and didn't want their child to leave them so early. So they hid her and protected her from the self proclaimed higher ups.

But the father had to go, he couldn't stay and left the mother all by herself never telling her why. So she started to raise her child all on her own.

Her mom stopped brushing her hair, causing Nora to turn around.

"What happened next mama?"

"Whatever you make of it my dear."

"What does that mean...?"

"This is the story of your life, and I want you to make the best of it ok"

End

I didn't understand what she had meant at the time but now I do.

My mom never talked about it after that, I don't blame her.

I open my locker and grab my books out, then there is a few Snickers and I decide to put my other headphone into my ear. That's when I'm shoved into the lockers, my books hit me in the chest in a uncomfortable way before falling to the floor into a mess.

I had notes in some of the pages in my book, but now they are on the floor spread along. My headphones are snatched out of my ears, the earbuds falling to the ground.

It's Saint who I now see Infront of me smiling widely. As his friends snicker some more behind them.

"Look who it is! The fat freak of the school, Norene"

Nora is short For Norene, and I despise my first name. My father picked it out and he is the one person I hate in this world. Although Saint seems to be getting rather close to beating him. After years of this he just might beat him.

I hate the way they pick on me.

She wasn't fat, she had curves and a little bit of stomach. In fact if Saint didn't make the whole school hate her she probably would be very popular with the boys.

"What do you want Saint."

The way she said it didn't sound like a question more of a statement. After so long of this she was tired of  the way he treated her, and his friends.

He looks at his friends and smirks, before stretching out his arm to me like he wanted a handshake.

He nods to his hand, I don't trust this one bit it seems, nice. That's nothing like Saint. I know if I don't I'll just regret it. I slowly stretch out my hand and grab his, icy cold compared to mine. Compared to anyone his hands would still be cold, just as quickly I noticed his hand temperature he yanked me forward and brought his knee to my stomach.

I feel all the oxygen in my lungs leave in a pained gasp. I drop to the floor as he laughs and walks off with his friends with out even a glance at me.

After I catch my breath I grab my music and put it back in my ears, holding back tears as I clean up my mess. I quickly do this and run to the bus, feeling a bruise forming on my stomach.

She spends the bus ride home in silence, never really talking was the only thing she seemed to be good at. She talked in some of her classes but never to the kids always to answer questions. She enjoys it like this, no drama, lots of free time. And she always has her mom, if she wasn't there she don't think she would be able to make it through the rough days. She never really told her mom that kids picked on her, more that she didn't fit in.