Chapter 11: New Information

So it was third period now and as I walked down the hallway I heard whispers around me talking about Gunther and what he was going to do about something. I don't really know what they're talking about but I am still worried about the guy. He still hadn't shown up today. I took a quick breath as I walked into the classroom and sat down at my seat. I was usually the first one to show up since most students stayed out in the halls talking to friends until the warning bell rang and Ty had to stay behind at P.E to discus football tryouts with the man I'm assuming is the coach. Sitting alone in the class room made me feel like a loner but it was better than staying out in the halls and... look like a loner I guess.

"Zam! I didn't think we'd have a class together. What's up man?" Logan said as he appeared out of nowhere. I didn't even hear the door open.

"Hi Logan." I said quickly. I didn't need Tinka thinking I was talking to him. She made it more than clear that I was supposed to stay away from him. He stood there for a second like he was waiting for me to say more but when I didn't he opened his mouth again.

"So, you got this class too or are you just breaking into random rooms?" He said as his bushy eyebrow rose in amusement. I took out my note old looking book and placed it on my desk.

"No this is my class. I'm pretty good at English." I said, putting my pencil in the air.

"Really? Mind if I see some of your notes? Id like to see where we are in class right now." I looked around. No one came in yet so there'd be no one to tell Tinka I'm helping him. I sighed and handed him my note book.

"Make sure you give it back." I said, pulling out the notebook I doodle in. He smiled gratefully.

"Thanks man! Hey we should hang out some time." He said patting my back. I laughed nervously.

"Uh, yeah sure." I lied. His smile slid off his face.

"You didn't sound sincere when said that... Oh I get it, you don't like me. It's cool man, I'll back off." He said backing away. I suddenly felt kind bad. He was just a new guy trying to make some friends. Plus Tinka didn't even tell me what he did that was so bad.

"No its not like that." I said. He came back and kneeled by my desk.

"Then what's with the cold attitude?"

"I just.. take a while to warm up to new people. You were coming on a bit strong dude." Logan's cheeks turned a little pink as he scratched his head and laughed nervously.

"Oh, sorry. I guess I do, do that a lot."

"It's fine." People started walking in but he stayed by my desk trying to coax me into talking more, when Ty walked in. He was smiling but it dropped when he saw us. He walked up to my desk with a scowl on his face.

"Hey Ty." I said. his facial expression didn't change as he crossed his arms.

"You didn't want to wait for me?" He said glairing. Logan stood up.

"I um, I'm gonna go ask where my seat is."

"Yeah you do that." Ty said waving him off. Logan raised his eyebrow but then shrugged as he walked away. Ty stared at me and I looked back at him confused. Why was he so upset? I'm pretty sure I've done nothing wrong here. "So what, talking to that guy was more important or something."

"Well I just thought that,... well it looked important and I didn't want you rushing it for me cause I know how... you uh.. I'm sorry?" I hate words... and talking. Ty still looked mad but he eventually sighed and sat down.

"Sorry. I was just kind of irritated when I turned around and you weren't there and then I walk in here and your talking to that guy and it pissed me off. Sometimes I think you don't want to be seen with me." Wait, he thinks I don't want to be seen with him? Is he insane? He's the one who shouldn't want to be seen with me! Mister instantly cool and popular.