Chapter 3

Caelum’s mind couldn’t help but wonder about what the Human world would look like, he had been told by Solomon that it was unlike anything here in Aria. He also wondered why a wall was set in place, he decided he would try and find the Meridian and attempt to cross it. Armed with nothing but the tattered, ill-fitting clothes on his back and his very little knowledge of magic, both of which were gifted to him by his mentor, Caelum spent days walking the barren wastelands of Aria thankful for the fact that he had no need for food, water, or rest. A long while into his journey he began to see a glimmer on the horizon, a tear in the fabric of the Meridian. He felt his heart beat increase as he began to run towards the shimmering, black void. With each barefooted step, Caelum could feel himself getting one step closer to something new, something he would never forget. He was practically soaring as his heart made leaps and bounds. His brown hair flowed as he picked up speed. With the void just within reach. He closed his eyes and leaped into it. As he did, he felt a shiver through every part of his body. He felt weak and in pain, not from the sprinting but from something else. He would soon come to realize that the Meridian altered his powers, weakening them to be better equipped for the Human world.