Prologue

New York. Aliens, Street Rats and the Constant smell of fumes throughout the air. For Cassidy's entire life she would call it her home. No matter what could happen, it was always a place of comfort for her. Every single little person in this city each had their own little stories to tell.

     For her, she grew up with the best of everything. The best food, the best cars and the most extravagant life that anyone could offer her. This was mostly thanks to her father, who just so happened to be one of the most eccentric billionaires in the world. Well, also aside from the fact that he was quite literally Ironman.

She was pretty much raised by her father for her life up until now. Cassidy's mother had passed away when she was the age of five due to terminal cancer, and even though her dad tried his hardest to fight it with the best treatments and doctors, it seemed like time was against him. Being honest, she always thought time was. Her entire life up until this point she would constantly find herself struggling to catch up with the world around her. It was like a constant game of tag, where she would just barely escape the touch of time just when she thought she would get finally get tagged. Time would prove to her again and again that every single moment is precious, and life does not stop for anybody. Not even the daughter of Tony Stark.

So, ever since she could form a single conscious thought in her brain, she made the promise to herself to never waist a single moment of her time in this world.

     What she never expected, though, was the change that would happen in her life over the following months. What was a somewhat average life became so much more.

     And now, Cassidy Anne Stark found herself sinking closer and closer to the bottom of the east river, water filling her lungs and suffocating her. As her body had been rendered completely and utterly useless, she had no choice to let herself slowly sink downwards.

She didn't expect to feel as though she could finally find peace in death, watching as her loved ones reached out for her.