one shot

It was late at night, with not a cloud in the sky. Stars illuminating the path ahead, Harry and Louis only being able to see in front of them.

They held hands as they walked down the path, with one headphone in both of their ears, listening to some classical music that they both would have hated if they weren't in the park together at that moment.

Neither of them said anything, only the music, and the crunching of the sticks under their feet. It was as if they both knew where they wanted to go, but neither knew where they were going.

As they walked they just looked at nature, the abandoned park, the owls in the trees, the stars in the sky.

Both of the boys were thinking about their childhood as they were going along the path. How they were both so sad as children, but whenever they talked to each other, the sadness went away.

They were best friends, and they had always been there for each other. They had made plans to move away together. Go far, far, away from their childhood houses, and live together, in a cute apartment.

Once they both turned eighteen, they left their house, they escaped finally, after years of waiting, of hurting, of worrying. And they moved away, and during those years in their childhood, they both didn't think they would make it, they both thought they would end up killing themselves, or drifting apart before they got to finally be happy, but they didn't.

They both knew their bond was too strong to waste. Both of the boys were just so happy to be together, and safe.

~

Louis suddenly stopped walking and stopped in front of a field of flowers and grass. Harry could see him let out the biggest grin as if he had been looking for this spot the whole walk together. They both went over to the grass and Louis practically lunged onto the ground, dragging Harry on the ground with him, both of them not being able to see anything, given it was nighttime.

Harry and Louis just looked up at the stars, and listened to music, until Louis finally said something.

"I'm glad we made it", the boy said.

"Yeah, me too"

"It's nice to have a friend."

~

Euphoria. That was the feeling that the boys had not felt it so long. That surging happiness, makes you want to relive the moment forever as nothing can touch you. You just can't feel sad. But once the moment is over, you long for it, more than you ever have before.