Chapter 4

She is the one and the only person he had not killed in his last life. It is because she is... dumb. 

If he was not mistaken, they both are the same age. However, when they had turn into adulthood, she never change. She never makes or shows any expression when someone bullies or mocks her. She is mindless wherever she goes.

She was also the one and only person who had no ability to change into animal form. She was like him too, people said she will bring catastrophe to their tribe. But, no one ever dares to touch her. It is because her father is the strongest beastman in this tribe.

The tribe must rely on the strongest beastman to make sure their tribe is peaceful and safe from other tribes. The beastman is a selfish and fierce living person in this world. The one who had the ability to be strong will live longer while the weak will not. They abandon their children who are weak and guide the strong children to be stronger.

It is very rare for a beastman to develop a loving instinct to their own blood just like Aziel's mother. Same as the girl in front of him, her father protects and loves his one and only child.

In the past, he is very jealous of her life. She can live with the tribes without worrying about anything. She never feel anything whenever she was being bullied or being mocked. She didn't suffer despite her disability. And that is all because of her father.

But he can't hate her. She is innocent and he has great respect for her father. That is why he never had the intention to kill her in his previous life.

Alys stop nagging her brother when he saw her brother stare at the sister in front of them.

"Brother, this sister had helped you. She is a good sister."

Alys knows how her brother doesn't like a stranger. Her brother told her before not to trust everyone. Run when a stranger approach. Hide when a stranger comes. Only rely on each other.

So she quickly explains to her brother that the sister doesn't have ill intentions. She is really a good sister!

Aziel was thinking about how the girl had entered their hidden home. This had never happened in their previous life. After a while, he remembers he seems to pass out, and now... When he heard her sister explain what had happened, he frowns. Help? This dumb girl?

Aziel suddenly pick up the stick that on fire and pointed at the girl. If he moves one more inch, the fire will burn her face.

"Brother!" Alys was too scared, she didn't even dare to touch her brother anymore.

Aziel observes the girl's expression. Her round eyes didn't flinch and her face didn't even move with his threat. She looks the same as the dumb girl that he knows.

After he had made sure she is the same person that he knows, he put down the fire.

"Stupid brother!" Alys hit her brother several times and hug the girl. She cries again in the girl's arms.

Suddenly Aziel coughed out loud. He had moved his body forcefully after waking up, after he had loosened his vigilance, he feel a slight pain in his chest. He could feel that he will vomit again anytime. Before Aziel could run out again, the girl in front of him suddenly shove something into his mouth.

She holds his hand to make sure that he will not run away and again she force many of green leaves into his mouth. Then she pinch his jaws as she trying to say that he must munch it and swallow it all.

Aziel wanted to push her away and tried to spit out the bitter taste in his mouth. Unexpectedly, his sister joins the girl to force him to eat it too.

"Brother! You must eat it! It is good for you! You will be strong!" Alys helps the girl by hugging his brother's head and also pinching his jaw to force him to eat it.

Although she can speak many things, she is still lacking some vocabulary. She wanted to tell him that if he eat it, he will recover quickly. This was proven with her eyes when she was watching over him before.

After a quarter of minutes that they were struggling with each other, he finally swallow the things in his mouth. His body is very weak. He can't push them at all.

Aziel swallows it hard. He frowns with the bitterness and strange taste of it. Then he saw a small hand right in front of his eyes. There are berries on it.

"Eat it, brother. It tastes sweet!"

Aziel looks at the girl in front of him. The girl stares at him without blinking, she still holds the berries in her hand, offers him to eat.

Slowly Aziel young hand approach her palm, takes the berries in her palm and throws them into his mouth. All the bitterness is gone and only the sweetness lingers.

"Kyra!"

"Kyra!"

Suddenly there was a panic voice calling someone not far from their hidden home.

The girl stands up, pats Alys head, and quickly run out from the small hidden place.

"Sister!" Alys didn't understand why the sister suddenly run out in the middle of night.

Aziel pulls her sister and makes a silent gesture. He hugs her sister, slowly takes a peek at the entrance of their little hidden home. The rain had stopped but the ground is still wet. The outside is dark but those who had the ability to change into animal form can see clearly at night. The stronger they are the clearer and sharper they can see.

Aziel younger body can see the night but it wasn't clear as he was a young adult before. He didn't see the girl anymore but the person who was calling a name had come nearer and nearer.

"Kyra, here you are!" Not far from them, a tall and sturdy person sighs a relief when he finally found his daughter.

The girl looks like she had been sitting for one whole day here. Shielding from rain and cold in between the bushes. When he saw his daughter was shaking with coldness, he quickly pick her up and hug her tight.

"Kyra..." There are helpless and sad sighs coming out from him.

"I'm sorry. I'm late. Father promise father will come back early tomorrow." 

He said after he had already checked her daughter upside down to make sure his daughter is not hurt anywhere. Then he carries his daughter in his arms and slowly walks towards the village tribe.

#####

Dear readers,

Hello to all new readers!

and Hi to my dearest reader that had read my other novels.

First of all, I am sorry for not continuing the zombie story yet. It has been a very long time I left it as I have many things to do in my real life. Because it was too long I left it, I seems to be stuck for a bit and wanted to remake the story from the start. (Not sure yet!) 😟😟😟

NOW! I have been in quarantine for three days because I am covid-19 positive for the first time! So, I have been boringly alone in my room and finally wanted to write this story. 

(^人^) Sorry for the bad grammar and sentences. I still learning to write well in English. I am very thankful if any of you could pinpoint my mistake. 

Thanks for the support too! 🧡