seven

"We are never doing this again." Giselle murmured. 

     "Agreed." Said the two Madrigals. 

     Then they all split up, to avoid any suspicion from the adults. Giselle went to her room to try and get the sand out of her hair, Camilo took off somewhere and Mirabel panicked to the nursery to hide the glowing green shards. 

     Once she was in her room, "good grief, I should wash up." Giselle grumbled under her breath and proceeded to untie the bow off her hair. After removing all layers of her long, green, blouse Giselle stepped in the warm bath that Casita had prepared. "Finally a moment to myself—and only myself to worry about." She closed her eyes and sunk in the bubbly water. 

     Throughout the entire month of living with the Madrigals, this was the first moment where she could enjoy the quiet. There was no noise to disturb her: no birds squawking and no running steps up and down the stairs. And because it was so quiet, she drifted off to sleep. 

     Giselle flew throughout the realm of dreams, she found herself reliving a moment of her past. She was young, maybe ten or eleven years old, and she was sheltering her ears from shouts coming from the door she'd desperately locked. Then the scene changed again, revealing her grandmother holding her by the hand. Maybe she was around twelve years old. 

     And then the scene changed again; only this time Giselle was fifteen and it was at her grandparents' funeral. Soaked with rain, she looked around and met eyes with a figure she wished to forget. Those blue eyes tore through her core and made her furious—she could never forget such anger. 

~——————————~

     Waking up with a gasp, Giselle quickly realized it was only a bad dream. Letting out a long sigh she scrubbed herself with a bar of soap and then washed it off. Following, she got out the bath and Casita gave her a towel. She decided to wear a simple blouse to check up on Mirabel. 

     "We don't talk about Bruno, no, no, no!" It was Pepa's voice. "We don't talk about Bruno...! Más," 

     Giselle saw Pepa, Félix and Mirabel come out of the nursery and walk outside Casita, so she followed after them.

     "Justo en mi boda fue," Pepa started in Spanish. 

     Giselle knew that her Spanish practice would come in handy at some point so it was good that she was able to understand what they were saying. 

     "¡En nuestra boda fue!" Félix echoed.

     "Todo estaba listo con un clima precioso esa vez-"

     "¡Ninguna nube esa vez!" Félix repeated again, Pepa sent him a look. 

     "Bruno con voz misteriosa hablo-"

     "Thunder!!" Félix exclaimed and interrupted Pepa; Giselle and Mirabel jumped at the sound of thunder in the background. 

     "¿Tú cuentas la historia o lo hago yo?" Pepa begun to walk off in annoyance. 

     "I'm sorry, mi vida, go on." Félix apologized and did some odd hand gesture to make his wife smile.