Part 3

We've been at the hospital for almost 2 days and he's still unconscious. My face is completely red and washed with dry tears. He is the love of my life and I'm going to be on his side regardless of anything that happens between us. I'm the true definition of a ride or die, I would do anything he wants me to. There is no telling what the future holds but when I'm with him I feel like a queen.
*Rico coughs and coming back to*
"Baby?" I said beginning to tear up a little. I've been beside his bed for the longest waiting for him to come through.
"What happened to me?"
"The nurse did a tox screen and you were drugged with a date rape drug along with many other drugs."
"Last thing I remember is being at your sister house, I don't even remember leaving. How'd you find me?"

I didn't know if I should tell him what happened. I didn't want our relationship to be based on lies. I wanted him to know what he did and how it hurt me, I want us to be open to communication.
"Shaunie, wtf happened to yo eye?" He asked with a quiver in his voice almost as if he was scared to hear the answer.
"Um, babe, let's not talk about it?" 

"Did I do that to you baby?"
I just looked away, I honestly had no clue of what to say.
"I'm so sorry baby, I would never want to hurt you and I'm so sorry about arguing with you about your job. I just always imagined you being home and being a wife. I mean not right now of course because I understand you're young."
"Rico, I love you, baby, I really do. I want to be your wife but you scared me yesterday." My lips began to quiver as the room got silent and I decided to put my face in my palms. I'm honestly so exhausted. Then I began to hear crying and as I looked up I noticed Rico was crying. I had never seen him cry before so I know this was real. I began to rub my eyes so hard almost as if I was about to enter another dimension because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I had never seen him show this much emotion towards me.

"Baby, I don't wanna live without you. Give me one more chance and I promise I'll do whatever I can to make it right." He sounded so sincere with tears falling from his eyes.

I climbed in the hospital bed with him and laid my head across his chest as we cuddled.
"Rico, you don't have to, I'll find another job and I'm going to love you forever, baby."
He squeezed me so tight and he held me like he never wanted to lose me. The fact that I had a man who was willing to show emotion without caring about the societal stereotype of "men aren't supposed to cry" began to turn me on.

I began to rub on his chest and rub my thighs on his wood. I had wore a dress that day so it was easy access. The nurses had already came and weren't changing shifts until later so we had ample time. I immediately climbed on top and began to ride him. It was even more passionate then before because it was a mix of makeup sex and love me forever kind of sex. I never wanted him to let me go. He began to groan and move my hips faster and then he came with no hesitation. There was no warning and I loved that about him because afterwards I could feel him pulsing inside me. I climbed off and we both went to the bathroom that was located it in his room and cleaned ourselves up.
********************************************
The nurse entered the room an hour and a half later with discharge papers in her hand telling us he was free to go. I was so happy and excited, it felt like my heart was about jump out of my chest. I had brought him clothes to the hospital and as he prepared to get dress I could feel him gazing at me. He snuck behind me and planted me a kiss on the neck and thanked me for being his forever girl no matter what happens.
********************************************
5 months went by, I finished my senior year of high school and graduated with my CNA. I got a job at the hospital, the pay wasn't much but it was better than being an escort. I'm now five months pregnant from our little hospital love making session with the man of my dreams. My 18th birthday is in a week and I'm so proud of myself. I never thought I would see the day I completed school, I thought for sure I was going to be a dropout. Just because I caused trouble doesn't mean I was just another dummy for money. Rico was now a powerful big time lawyer a lot could happen in 5 months. I'm talking most powerful in the state, he handled some big cases. Slowly interrupted by my thoughts Rico walks in the house. He finally went and bought our son's car seat and stroller. I'm so excited.

"My lil Man is going to be saucy like his daddy." Rico said with a chuckle.
"That's cute and all but he's going to be mommy's baby."
I walked over there with my big belly and hugged Rico. He was more of a man than my father was. My dad couldn't even amount up to this. He rubbed my belly with amazement.
"We're having our rainbow baby, and I'm loving every minute of you and this glow."
"Look at someone doing their research talking about 'rainbow baby'." I said laughing but I was excited that we were given another chance.
*****************************************
I awoke in the middle of the night with a call from my sister. I hadn't talk to her in ages and I definitely didn't wanna talk to her after what she did to Rico. I loved her but I thought it was best I loved her from a distance.

"Hello." I said with the sleepiest voice as my greeting dragged out.
"I heard you're pregnant."
"I am."
"I know."
Then there was a long pause with an awkward silence.
"I'm clean now and I really want to be in your life."
"That's good. But you left me and I'm not here to hold grudges but you left me and then you drugged my husband."
"I'm sorry for all of that I really want to be in your life. Besides you need me."
"I need you?!"
I became hysterical, who does she think she is.
"Yeah, I'm your big sister."
"That don't mean I need you!"
Rico woke up as he noticed I began to raise my voice.
"Baby hang up the phone."
"She thinks I need her when she left me alone at 16. And I had to find a way to pay the bills. I'm not blaming her for the way I chose but neither was she there to give me advice about the path I was going down. I went through all of this stuff for me and learned on my own."
"Baby, I know just- don't" 

"You was a hoe because you wanted to be no advice would change that about you, slut!!" She said to me in the harshest way possible.
"Shaneese Oriyaun Doyce you will not ask me for forgiveness and disrespect me from the same mouth. We're both grown women, we can have a civilized conversation or you don't ever have to be in my life. I don't need you."
"I'm sorry sis, that was a low blow."
As silence grew she apologized one last time and hung up the phone.