Voldemort x Belle #2

Belle sighed as she looked up at the new building in town.

Modern lights were fading in and out, colours changing.

They were playing some odd, loud music and Belle was trying to read!

Can you believe the audacity? The nerve?

She strolled up the short pathway and pounded on the door.

It was answered by someone she neglected to remember but who evidently knew her.

"My queen, to what do we owe this pleasure?" The town's man asked, with a sarcastic edge Belle wasn't too fond of.

"You know very well what this is about, Gerald!" Belle replied, substituting his lack of a name.

"That's no-," Just then, a perfectly manicured hand claimed the man's shoulder as its home.

"Now, now, Pete, we mustn't treat our guests so poorly. Certainly not such a charming young lady..." The well-manicured man admonished.

"For the last time, sit, that is not my na-" the poor man was once more cut off.

Only this time he went flying across the room.

Belle looked aghast for a moment before remembering she quite enjoyed a bit of a fixer upper.

It had been a while since Adam had mysteriously disappeared...

"Forgive me for my haggard appearance, my dear and the horrible attitude of my guests. Would you do me the honour of spending some time at my Hallowe'en extravaganza?" The man asked.

"It would be my pleasure," Belle replied with a soft smile.

"Belle!" Gaston cried some time later.

"Oh, Belle. I knew you'd come to your senses sooner rather than later. I need you to know; it's ok/ay! I forgive you for everything, if only you'll give me the pleasure of your hand in marriage!" Gaston ranted, losing his breath, despite his athletic build.

Must be the ale.

"GASTON!" Belle shrieked, not for the first time.

"When will you get it into your think skull that I am married! I am a MADE WOMAN!"

"Forgive my saying, dear, but I fail to spy a ring on those marvelous fingers of yours," the man from earlier who'd claimed this as his party chimed in.

Belle released a disbelieving huff.

"Never have I ever been met with such ignorance. If you must know, my dear husband, the king, for your information, HAS BEEN MISSING FOR THE PAST FIVE HOURS! So forgive me if maybe I just want to move on with life and leave the pain in the PAST WHERE IT BELONGS!"

"But Belle, I've just seen hi-"

"NOT NOW, GASTON!" Belle all but screeched.

"Now, now, my dear. You're ruining our Lord's good mood," complained an approaching cloaked figure.

"Now, now, Lucius. Let the girl grieve her departed husband,", the manicured man commanded.

"Bring her to my rooms. I'll be along shortly," and with that Belle's entire life changed.

When the man entered what he modesty referred to as "his rooms", he was shortly followed by two floating wine glasses and a bottle of wine.

"Oh, I don't... I don't drink," Belle stammered nervously, subconsciously backing away from the man.

"Correction," he replied suavely, with an easy smile.

"You do drink now,"

Just as the last words scurried away from his mouth, the glasses began to fill, the bottle leaning forward with the slight jerk of the man's hand.

"You know, usually when I do magic on front of people, they..."freak out". Why not you?" Voldemort asked, he could sense she wasn't a witch.

"Well, I... It's a long story. My husband was enchanted so I know a thing or two about... Magic, sir," Belle replied.

"Call me Voldemort," Voldemort replied, languidly spreading out on his sofa, to the right of Belle, prompting her to move further away.

"Oh, I'm not really one for nicknames-"

"No, it IS my name," Voldemort interrupted before Belle could get any further.

"Oh," Belle said, apprehensively taking her glass with a tinge of embarrassment.

"Not to worry, my dear,"

Belle took a sip.

Another.

One larger.

A gulp.

And before she knew it, the glass was empty.

Before she could set it done, it was suddenly full again.

And so she drank, all the while getting to know the mystery that was Voldemort.

"So, let me — lemme get this straight. You kill his parents, you kill him because of a prophecy?" Belle threw her head back, laughing in disbelief.

"What?" Voldemort demanded, adding venomously, "I don't take kindly to people mocking my decisions,".

"I'm sorry, Voldie," Belle apologized with a pout, rising and moving closer to Voldemort.

"Whatever can I do to make it up to you?" She asked herself, exhibiting mock thought.

"Hmm... I know!"

That was when Voldemort's life changed forever.

She leaned down and gently pressed a peck to his cheek.

The end