Chapter 3: Occult Research Club (Route Chapter)

You arrived at school without fail the next morning, as though the events of the previous evening never happened. Everyone was going about their day as per their usual business. As for you, you headed over to the ORC clubroom to review what was going on. After you dropped Issei off at his house yesterday, Rias did something to his parents. Nothing bad, or at least you don't think so. Rias didn't look like the type to hurt people's families, and his parents still looked okay. You couldn't ask any questions because she was in a rush, claiming that she needed to take care of things with everyone else. You soon arrived at the ORC clubroom to see someone was already there.

(Rias Route)

Rias was sitting at her desk, doing some paperwork. She was alone, with the large windows of the ORC clubroom open to let some sunlight and fresh air into the room. Her crimson red hair gently danced thanks to the breeze that was entering the clubroom. Due to the angle of the windows, it looked like a spotlight was solely focused on the president of the Occult Research Club. Rias noticed you staring at her from the doorway, and in response, she smiled.

"Come on (Y/N), you're a member of this club, come on in and feel free to sit down." Rias gestured for you to sit down, so you closed the door behind you. "So how are you this morning?"

"I'm alright, just wondering what you did to Issei's parents last night." You sat down on the couch closest to where Rias was. "I'm not saying you did anything bad! I'm asking what you did."

"Sorry I didn't explain it in better detail." Rias apologized to you about last night. "You see, in order to prevent people from asking too many questions about Issei's date yesterday. Questions that could lead them to finding the supernatural world. Questions that could lead them to danger."

"So you were protecting them." You put that conclusion together rather quickly.

"I try to at least protect people from the supernatural, not all of them turn out like you." Rias noticed your confused expression. "I mean not everyone turns out to be a sacred gear user."

"I see what you mean."You commented while looking around, it was quiet without everyone else in the Clubroom. "So Rias, what do you like to do?"

"Me?" Rias wondered out loud, and you nodded. "Well, I prefer to simply sit back and read a good book and watch some television from time to time."

"Like Full Metal Alchemist?" You asked, and Rias looked at you as though you just spilled her secret. "There's a volume underneath those files."

"I'm amazed you could recognize it, are you also a fan of anime and manga?" Rias questioned, and you nodded. "Really? What's your favorite series?"

"I don't really watch much anime, but I like Soul Eater, specifically the manga." You rubbed the back of your head. "The anime did an okay job, but it left out a bunch of characters and changed a lot of things. But I still liked it."

"You know, I think this is the first time I've heard you talk this much. It's kind of nice, honestly." Rias rested her chin on her palm while looking at you with her beautiful blue eyes. "You always seem so nervous, so I was assuming you didn't like me."

"Really?" You questioned, and Rias nodded. "Sorry, I just get nervous easily."

"It's okay." Rias was about to talk more, but the rest of ORC came into the room. "Alright, since the rest of ORC is here, we can get to business. Sorry to cut this conversation short, (Y/N)."

"It's okay, so what business do we have to discuss?"

(Akeno Route)

You entered the ORC clubroom and instantly the smell of something sweet filled your nose. You looked at a doorway that was on the other side of the room to see the light was on. You could see a shadow moving inside lit the room, so you let your curiosity get the better of you by walking to the doorframe of the door. You looked into the room to see Akeno wearing her school uniform underneath a purple colored apron, humming to herself as she made tea. You noticed that the source of the sweet smell was coming from the oven, but before you could find out, Akeno noticed you.