Righting the wrong - A personal apology to our Native brothers and Sisters

It is with the utmost devastation mounting that I begin to read about the 54 gravesites discovered. 54 more gravesites found with the remains of our native children, our Native brothers and sisters.

The Keeseekoose First Nations uncovered these graves near Fort Pelly and St. Phillips residential schools.

At this very moment, while I read this article for the second time, there is a Revolution for Freedom waging in The Nation's Capital. "Our Home and Native Land".

I can't help but shake my head. My heart is quite literally aching.

To each and every one of my Native brothers and sisters ... There are no words that could begin to convey to you the emotions as I extend to you this personal apology on behalf of myself and my ancestors. Know that me and mine are in mourning with you. We want you to hear directly that we stand with you. Our hearts are with you, in this, yet another devastating reminder of the past and those loved ones lost. — AnonyMiss

I am not even sure where to begin as my mind is going a mile a minute. I read this article for the first time when it was released Feb.15th. Immediately, I began brainstorming.

Now, as I sit here to elaborate, research and write, I almost putting it off. The article is up on my screen. I have begin going through it again and find I almost need to regroup?

I use the question mark here with a question mark because I am wrestling with my inner self.

The emotions and the devastation that I feel just begin to write are so heavy. Then I remember why I am writing and I remind myself it is the least I can do considering all those poor babies went through.

These remains, these bodies, these children deserve to be avenged. They deserve to be acknowledged, introduced, mourned and memorialized.

Coincidentally, I wonder if the timing isn't just right.

Amidst the Revolution or rather The Convoy for Freedom, The Native Community is suffering another loss. 54 losses to be exact.

When will it end?

The irony of that these graves are being uncovered now in the face of Canada fight for Freedom isn't lost on me.

What grinds my gears... I haven't seen or heard anything since reading about it 4 days ago.

Canada, Canadians, fellow humans — we need to make this right.

At this very moment, we are a Nation at odds. In the wake of what may or may not be a devastating Governmental ... of epic proportions. We are fighting for the right to remain FREE.

It's time we embrace our Native Community? Unity, Community, Connection

We have the opportunity now to be the change, to take action and to make it right.

Surely, we can sit down and find a way to co-exist?

First and foremost, we need to properly mourn and memorialize the Native children. We must lay them to rest in a sacred place and atone for the actions of our ancestors.

Let's make it right, because it's the right thing to do.

"God Keep our Land, Glorious and Free"

AnonyMiss

🎉 You've finished reading Righting the wrong - A personal apology to our Native brothers and Sisters 🎉