Uh-oh, there's trouble

"Humans?" Arthur asked. "Why would you be working with humans?"
     "I tricked one of them into a blood pact to help me find my brother, Emil."
     Vladimir laughed. "What a move! I like this guy." He came up and stood next to Lukas and Arthur. "I'm staying with you, you're pretty ballsy."
     "Ugh, if you insist." Lukas rolled his eyes. He turned to the rest of the creatures. "I will come back for you."
     The new trio took off up the stairs.
     "Vladimir, are there any more magical beings in the castle?" Arthur asked. Vlad shook his head.
     "Not that I can tell, no. At least not in this wing anyway."
     Lukas' heart sank. He was no closer to finding his brother. He began wondering why the Kingdom didn't take him, too. If they were searching for magic power, he had much more of it than Emil did.
     Once they reached the top of the stairs, they heard a clamor. Voices shouted and there were sounds of a struggle.
     "Lukas!!!" Someone desperately screamed. There was a wham and the sound of the scream was cut off.
     "Are those your humans?" Arthur asked.
     Lukas' heart did a flip. That was Mathias. Mathias had called out for him. Why was he reacting this way? His body was taken over with worry. Surely Lukas didn't care for the humans, especially not Mathias... so why? It had to be the blood pact. It had to be.
     Lukas wordlessly took off in the direction of the screams. His heart was pounding in his ears as he ran. He barely noticed that Vladimir and Arthur were following behind him.
By the time Lukas caught up to the sounds, there was no one there. Blood was splattered on the floor, staining the carpet. Bells rang out outside the castle and a horn was blown. Lukas didn't know what was going on. He didn't know what happened to his humans. They were gone. His brother was gone. He stood in an unfamiliar place, with unfamiliar people, his body failing him from being dehydrated. He fell to his knees, his vision going blurry. He should've slept in the bath and ignored Tino.
Lukas felt hands on his arms. Vlad and Arthur were hauling him up.
"Lukas, whats wrong?" Arthurs voice was blurred and muted.
"Water..." He muttered. He lifted his head slightly and whispered, "Mathias" before passing out.