Nøkk

...His thinking was disturbed when he heard faint music.
      "Thats... weird." He muttered to himself. He began to follow the music, laying sticks lined up vertically to show him the way home, but soon found himself mindlessly walking. Thoughts tugged at the back of his mind, 'its a trap. Stop walking. Turn around!' but his body would not listen to commands. His mind grew hazy as he walked towards the lovely music and the aurora borealis zigzagged across the sky, making the tops of trees faintly fluorescent.
A large pond, or a small lake came into view. A man- or, boy rather? Mathias couldn't tell- stood at the center. Mathias could tell the music was becoming louder, even though all his senses became numbed.
      He didn't notice himself step into the mirror-like water which was reflecting the beautiful night sky. The creature in the center of the water had pale white skin that almost glowed in the moonlight, and fluffy pale blond hair that seemed to reflect the greens and pinks of the aurora. He was breathtaking, in an eerie sort of way. His eyes were closed and his body moving gracefully to make the most captivating music Mathias had ever heard.
      Mathias grew closer to the shirtless man playing violin in the center of the lake. Water reaching higher and higher until Mathias found himself unable to breathe and flailed in the water to find air. As soon as he gained control of himself again, he felt smooth hands wrap gently around his neck. Then hands pressed tightly. He looked across from him to be met with angry deep blue, pupil-less eyes.
      "Wh-what the...?!" Mathias gasped.
      "Who are you?" A semi-deep voice of the strange man asked, angrily.
      "Ma-mathias! Mathias Køhler!" He struggled. The man looked small but was definitely stronger than he looked.
      "What have you humans done?!" The man hissed.
      "What? I don't- *cough* understand?!"
Mathias tried to free his neck, but to no avail.
      "My brother! You took him!" He accused.
      "I don't- I don't know what... you're talking about!" He managed.
      "Humans came in the night and took my brother away. I demand that you return him!" The man yelled.
      "Who.. who took him?" Mathias was going to try and compromise his way out of this.
      "Men who came on horses, dressed in robes of blue and silver. One in black and gold. They took him and restrained me! Where did they take him?"

      "Those- sound like soldiers! *cough* they- they probably took him... to the castle!"

      "I know not of these 'Soldiers' or 'castle'. Quit speaking in tongues or I shall tighten my grip and kill you!"

      "I -I can show you! My town- my town isn't- isn't that far from here!"

      "How do I know you speak truth? Humans are known liars and schemers, so prove to me you are not!"

      "I... I'll blood-pact you! I promise I'm telling the truth!" Mathias claimed. He spoke out of fear, but soon realized the severity of what he just said.
      "Only idiots would make a blood pact with a Nøkk, but if you are serious, then fine, I accept," The man let go of Mathias, and he regained his composure with gasping breaths.
The creature stared at him until he gained his composure. "Do you agree to help me find my brother?" The man asked. His faced carried little to no emotion, but the aura around him gave off a serious feeling.
      "Y-yes..." Mathias stammered out. He knew he would be slower than this thing if he tried to run, because of water resistance. Mathias had no choice but to comply.
      "The Nøkk nodded and raised an arm, bringing his nail down swiftly and cutting a gash through his unnaturally pale hand. Mathias almost expected his blood to be an odd color, but instead, it was a human shade of scarlet.
      "Now you." The creature hissed through blue lips. Mathias gulped and just stared at him. He was still in shock from seeing what was standing in front of him. Mathias wasn't gay, but for some reason couldn't stop himself from staring at the other's shirtless torso, and delicate features. Delicate besides the intense glare, anyway. The creature suddenly grabbed Mathias' arm out of the water. "Either you cut your own hand or I'll do it."
      "Okay, okay..," Mathias took the knife from the satchel that was strangely floating, and put it to his hand, but hesitated a bit. "Do I have to cut my hand? There's so many pro-" he didn't finish his sentence. The creature took his knife and cut Mathias, then locked their bloodied hands together.
      "Make this quick." The Nøkk warned. Mathias swallowed hard.
      "I -I need your name, first... it will only work if I know your name..." Mathias stammered out, he was extremely nervous and very much regretting his actions.
      "You may call me Lukas, but never shall you know my true name." Lukas didn't know if it was real, but there was a rule to never tell your real name to a human, because apparently Nøkk could die from their own name being said aloud.
      "Okay, Lukas it is then..," Mathias closed his eyes and tilted his head toward the sky. "Under the light of the moon and the green marks of the Gods, I, Mathias Køhler and Lukas shall be bonded until his brother is found or death finds us." The water began to swirl around them slightly and a sharp pain coursed threw his hand. Even Lukas winced a bit.