Chapter 1: Key

I just came from school and currently walking towards a mall, maybe a mile away. I was planning to buy something for my grandparents' anniversary on Sunday. As I walked by, I saw some students from this other school. It's somehow awkward the way they looked at me, it seems that they had been hating me for such a long time, yet I simply ignored them. Then finally I arrived. As I enter, I still saw some of those students: eating, talking, laughing, walking, etc. but then something unexpected just happened. When I entered the elevator, someone suddenly ran inside. And as I look behind, a girl from that other school confidently started a conversation with me.

Girl: Heeyyy... I think I know you. You play guitar right?

Me: U-uh ...

Girl: Oh come on ... Okay here, I'm Stella, and you are?

Me: I-I'm, Kenrick ... Kenrick Woods

Stella: Ah, nice meeting you, Kenrick ... Won't you mind giving this key to Gabriel?

Kenrick: You mean my bestfriend Evans?, Gabriel Evans?

Stella: Yeah, he had been my boyfriend for about 8 months, but he haven't sent me a single text since last week. Pretty please?

Kenrick: Ahh. A-alright ...

She gave the key then the door slowly opened ...

Kenrick: But wait, how'd you know I play guitar?

Stella: I visited your school last month and I saw you play. Sorry really need to go, my friends are waiting, it's nice talking with you Kenrick, bye !

Then after choosing a gift for my grandparents, I then immediately went home. As I walked by, my friend Brandon texted me.

Brandon: Bro, Sir Dixon would like to see us tomorrow 9 o'clock sharp in the auditorium. I think maybe it's about the opening number for Principal Adams' birthday.

Me: Okay, I'll be there. Thanks for the info bro.

Then I continued walking ... When I arrived, nobody was at home. Maybe they're all out for the preparation. So I decided to use my computer to check my facebook account. But unfortunately, I haven't received any messages, friend requests or even a single notification. So I started playing my guitar. As I pluck, I then remembered the key Stella gave me for her boyfriend Gabriel. I stopped playing and took the key from my bag. As I took a closer look, the word "free" was written on it. I wonder what it means, maybe it's just a sign of their love for each other, the thing is, why wasn't I being informed that Gabriel had a girl for that long, oh well ... The next day, at exactly 9:00AM sharp, I went to the auditorium to see Sir.Dixon and all the other members of our band. Gabriel's one of the best dancers in school, so it won't be that hard in passing him the key, he actually spends mostly of his day there. When I entered the auditorium, I then saw Gabriel, looking so depressed, I wonder why ... When I went closer to him, he suddenly embraced me and started crying ...

Me: Dude!, what's wrong?

Gabriel: No, no, nothing ... Sorry dude ...

Me: Why would a cool guy like you suddenly act so gay without any reason?

Gabriel: Dude! It's my girl okay? She left like 3 days ago without me knowing anything about it, and hurts so much !!

Me: What!?? How is that even possible, I even ...

Then Sir. Dixon called me ...

Sir. Dixon: Kenrick!, there you are, come, I have something important to tell you.

Me: coming sir! ... Gabriel dude, I'll talk to you later ...

I then ran towards Sir. Dixon ...

Me: What is it sir?

Sir. Dixon: Uhmm, I know ... you've tried so hard, to achieve your dream to be one of the best guitarist, but unfortunately, I received this comments ...

Me: W-what comment sir?

Sir. Dixon: That ... you're, actually ... failing our club ...

Me: What? But sir ...

Sir. Dixon: You see ... the beauty of our school, is to compete each others' clubs, to achieve victory and to know what is best trained and deserving to be awarded. They said that you don't actually go with the flow, you pluck too fast, you strum too hard and mostly, you don't have what is takes and the attitude to be an official guitarist.

Me: But sir! it's a policy that each student has the right to choose his or her club! and mostly, where would you want me to go now?

Sir. Dixon: I'm sorry Kenrick, but it depends on your performance, and it's the comments that counts. We had low ratings because of you. We will find you a new club to stay with as soon as possible.

Me: But Sir!, I don't ...

Sir. Dixon: I'm so sorry Kenrick, you may go now ...

As I walk slowly from the stage towards the door, it's like I'm the only person living in this very horrible world, so cold, so bad, so sad, so terrible... I even forgot the key I supposed to give to Gabriel. I then went out and decided to go home and skip the whole afternoon without a doubt.