Chapter 3: A Place to Stay

Friday, 23rd of October 2009 Two days have passed since I helped Gabriel and Stella with their rumor problem yet I still haven't found any new club to fit in and stay with, and haven't done anything except for answering some bunch of homeworks and examinations. And finally, I'm going to put up an end of this ridiculous joke and show everyone, especially Amy, that an ordinary Kenrick Woods could really change their mood. But before that, I really need to eat some snacks at the cafeteria, been starving ... After buying some snacks, I decided to bring some while roaming around in the activity fair. As I walked in the hallway, I passed by the library and decided to borrow a book for my homework in history class. When I entered, the mysterious, blonde, eye glasses girl whom I saw beside the hallway like two days ago, suddenly reacted and shouted in front of me ...

Eye Glass Girl: What do you think you're doing?
Me: Heeyy, you're that girl who suddenly talked to me ...
Eye Glass Girl: I said, what do you think you're doing?
Me: Well, I'm about to sing?

She then started to get angrier ...
Me: Seriously? ... Of course I'm gonna borrow a book, we're in the library remember? We read, sometimes write, borrow, return ... you know?
Eye Glass Girl: Well haven't your boastful attitude ever taught you about not bringing food in the library?
Me: Oh, this ... I'm just gonna borrow one book and leave ...
Eye Glass Girl: Yeah right, and you're just gonna leave some dirty bits, of your disgusting food, and leave.
Me: It's french fries, it's definitely delicious and definitely not disgusting, you should try it sometimes, maybe your parents are too old aged to conserve your scientist nerd term called Lifestyle ...
Eye Glass Girl: Excuse me?
Me: Why do you care so much anyway? You act like you're higher than the school principal or something ... Maybe in someway you like me do you huh? ...
Eye Glass Girl: Yeah, I'd really like you ! to walk out from the door, and leave!
Me: I won't, unless you'll answer my question ...
Eye Glass Girl: What question?
Me: My question about you caring too much about some old library cleanliness rule?
Eye Glass Girl: It's none of your business!
Me: Well I guess I'll be standing here until the end of the day ...
Eye Glass Girl: Well it won't help changing the world.
Me: Wait, changing the world? I am changing the world, who would thought a student would bring french fries in the library huh?
Eye Glass Girl: See? you don't even understand, you're doing it in the negative way. So if you don't mind? the door is wide open for you.
Me: Ahh, maybe you're into some change the world club who's goal is to clean the whole entire city, aren't you?
Eye Glass Girl: For your information, I'm a journalist who's goal is not just to clean, but to change the whole entire world. So kindly get out from the library and finish eating your so called french fries.
Me: Oh, I see... Well in that case, I'm Kenrick. I'm still searching for a new club to stay with cause I've been kicked out from my club, but for the mean time I wanted to borrow a book for my homework in history class. And you are?
Eye Glass Girl: Oh ... how sad, well if you haven't failed once, it simply means that you've never tried something new. And why won't you just finish eating your food in the hallway?
Me: Something New? What are you even talking about? do you even know how important it was for me to become one of the best guitarist in the whole entire world?
Eye Glass Girl: Well are you doing it for your self or you're just doing it for someone to like you?
Me: You don't know me?
Eye Glass Girl: Oh guess what, we're just the same. So leave!
Me: Owwkayy ... Whatever you say Ms. Journalist ...

When I went out I decided to research my homework later in the Internet at my house instead of using a book. When I was already roaming around the activity fair, I saw lots of clubs and activities yet I still haven't found the best to stay with. Until I got tired and decided to sit on a bench to finish my fries. While eating I then remembered what the harsh eye glass girl told me. I just can't get it out of my mind of her saying "if you haven't failed once, it simply means that you've never tried something new." and it really made me thought that the reason why I got kicked out is maybe I got busy on something else. And on that moment I then realized that I am a mathematician! So I started looking for a club which is in to math, and finally I saw one but ... it's name wasn't that, fascinating yet I still went inside. When I went in almost everyone was solving the rubik's cube, I wonder why ... Then I saw my old friend Dominic. I went closer to him and asked ...

Me: Dominic dude, what are they all doing?
Dominic: Kenrick. Oh them? their just practicing for the Rubik's Cube Competition tomorrow. They will all compete with other schools where the fastest solving rubik's cube club wins ...
Aiden: Dude! look who's here!

Aiden had been my rival in getting Amy since last year. Unfortunately he was able to confess and propose first yet had been busted but considered one of Amy's best friends. Well I guess we really don't get anything if we will let shy take over ...

Aiden's friends: Kenrick my friend !
Me: What do you want Aiden?
Aiden: Nothing ... We just wanted to congratulate you for being the most epic fail student in Thomas University ! Ha - ha !!
His friends then laughed ...
Amy:
Hey Aiden, hey boys and oh Hey Kenrick!... what you guys laughin' about?
Aiden: Nothing actually, it's just that my friend Kenrick here, wanted to challenge me in a Rubik's Cube battle.
Amy: Really? then what are you both waiting for?
Me: W-well I won't play without a prize ...
Aiden: You what?
Dominic: Well how about the winner will get a kiss from Amy? Game?
Aiden: Sure, you bet !
Me: ...
Dominic: Amy?
Amy: Sure why not?
Dominic: Then let the game start !

And in that moment I got nervous and didn't know what to do. Then Dominic placed two shuffled rubik's cube on the table at opposite sides, then shouted start. Aiden quickly grabbed his cube and started solving. I could easily see the vain in his eyes ...

Amy: Uhmm Kenrick? what are you waiting for?
Me: I'm sorry but ... a girl, must be treated like a princess, not just some Rubik's Cube prize joke ...
Then Amy and Aiden's friends got shocked and Aiden stopped shuffling ...
Me:
Hey Aiden ! I'm now giving up the prize, tell me how it feels later okay?

I then slowly walked out and decided to ran towards the library. When I entered the Eye Glass Girl then noticed me ...

Eye Glass Girl:
You again?
Me:
What? is it another "change the world" rule of running towards the library just to hide some feelings?
She then noticed my mood ...
Eye Glass Girl:
I-I'm so sorry did I say something wrong?
Me:
Nothing, could you just stay out of my way?
I then slowly walked ...
Eye Glass Girl:
Wait !
I then faced her ...
Eye Glass Girl:
M-maybe I could help?
Me: You did ...
I then continued walking towards a chair at the edge ... When I sat down I then looked down, and when I looked up that eye glass girl showed up, sat down and started talking to me again ...
Eye Glass Girl:
Hey ... Uhmm, you know what? That even I ... tried to change the world by being some journalist who tried making the library spick-and -pan, yet still can't resist seeing someone looking so sad and depressed.
Me:
What do you care?
Eye Glass Girl:
That ... even the smallest thing alone, could change the whole entire world.
I then slowly started crying ...
Eye Glass Girl:
Come on, cheer up ... Okay here, I'm Elspeth, nice to meet you, Kenrick ...
I then hardly smiled and wiped the tears from my eyes ...
Kenrick:
Well then Elspeth, wanna do something that could change the whole entire world?
Elspeth smiled ...
Elspeth:
Sure do !

I then took her to McDonalds ...

Elspeth: Is that french fries?
Me:
Yeah ... wait, try putting some vanilla ice cream on it ...
Elspeth:
Are you sure?
Me:
Yeah! you'll definitely love it and in the same time, change the world ...