Chapter 5: Promise

Amy (whispering): Hey ...
Kenrick: Yeah?
Amy: Uhmm, do you think ... That every girl should ...
Kenrick: Should what?
Amy: You know ... Should be ...
Kenrick: treated like a princess?
Amy: Well, yeah ...
Kenrick then smiled ...
Kenrick: Well, you see ... All of the girls are actually princesses, including you. But because you've already seen your prince ... Well, I guess you won't be Ms. Princess anymore ...
Amy: But why?
Kenrick: It's because, you're my queen now. You deserve to be treated like nobody else ...
She then smiled
Amy: Well you don't need, to be my knight in shining armour, a royal prince or anybody else ...
Kenrick: W-why?
Amy: Because even I, my self ... had a crush on you.
Kenrick: ...
Amy: Not because of your attractive look, or even any other talents you have there inside ... I liked you, because of your attitude and positive outlook in life ...
Kenrick: R-really?
Amy: Yes Kenrick. So I promise ... that whatever person you'll become, as long as you're the same in the inside, I will always love you until the last breath of my life.
Then tears slowly came out from Kenrick's eyes and Amy then embraced him ...
Kenrick:
I-I love you ...
Amy:
...

They said that the most beautiful things in the world, can't be seen or even touched ...

Elspeth: Kenrick !
Kenrick: Hey! Elspeth, I have something important to tell you ...

Maybe they must be felt with the heart ...

Elspeth:
Me too, but ... you first.

They said that you must find a place inside, where there's joy ...

Kenrick:
Uhmm, I ...

and the joy will burn out the pain ...

Kenrick:
confessed , to Amy ...

I never thought everything would go, perfectly ...

Elspeth:
... , O-oh ...
Kenrick:
So ... what do you wanted to tell me?
Elspeth:
Oh nothing, actually ...
Kenrick:
Oh come on ... Hey what you got there?
Elspeth:
Oh, y-you mean ... this?
Kenrick:
W-woah ... are those garlic fries?
Elspeth:
W-well, yeah ...
Kenrick:
You've got to be kidding me !

But it seems that, I haven't felt anything yet ...

Tuesday, 24th of November 2009 It had been a month, since I told Amy about the feelings I have for her ... And now it's time, not just to tell, but to show her, what I feel ...

I was walking along the hallway, looking so good and attractive and was about to surprise Amy with the bouquet of roses and some chocolates I brought earlier ... When I went inside their classroom, everybody seems to be having such a rough time, especially to Chloe who had been currently crying out loud. I started looking for Amy, and as I took some steps, everybody slowly and suddenly started staring at me ... Then Chloe went closer  ...

Chloe: Kenrick ...
She then wiped the tears from her eyes ...
Chloe: Uhmm, I-I'm so, I'm so sorry ...
Kenrick: Sorry for what?
Chloe: I-it's Amy ...
She then continued crying
Kenrick: What? what happened to her? I don't understand?
She then again wiped her tears ...
Chloe:
S-she had ... leukemia okay?
Kenrick:
What?
Chloe:
A-and she ...
She then again continued crying ...
Kenrick:
She what?
Chloe:
P-pa ...
Kenrick:
What Chloe? Answer me !
Chloe:
She passed away, Kenrick ... At exactly 3:21 in the morning ...
She then again continued crying hardly and I accidently released the bouquet from my hand ...
Kenrick: W-what are you talking about? T-that's not true ... You're lying to me Chloe! Tell me that you're lying , tell me ... that you're lying ... Chloe ... tell me!
She then said while crying ...
Chloe: I-I'm so sorry Kenrick ...
Kenrick (shouting): No!
Then I started crying and ran towards the door ...
Chloe: Kenrick wait !
Near the door, I then stood still ...
Chloe: Amy would like you to read this letter ...
She then gave me this red piece of paper which she said was given by Amy for me ...
Kenrick: W-what's this?
Chloe: Amy would like you to read that ...
Then I opened it ...

Dear Kenrick,   

             First of all, I wanted to thank you for being such an awesome, good looking and kind hearted boyfriend to me. We had lots of memories within the previous days, but I hope you'll stay strong without me. I guess it really is my destiny, God's waiting for me though ... But don't you worry cause you'll always be my royal prince or even my knight in shining armour. And I will always stay being your princess, but ... I hope I won't be your last. You said that all the girls in this world are all princesses, so I bet it won't be that hard for you to find your new queen. Also I wanted to thank you cause of all the other prince whom I thought would bring me to the place called "Happily Ever After" , you're the only one who really taught and made me feel what true love is, and I've been waiting for that moment ... Lastly, Happy Monthsary and, I love you too ...

Your queen,
Amy