seven| 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

"Thanks again for coming, guys. I think you're really gonna like it!" I say to Eli and Demetri, they'd finally given in to my constant prying about joining Cobra Kai.

"Of course, Fleur." the quiet boy replies.

Our best friend rolls his eyes and scoffs, "I can't believe you made me come here."

I look at him and pat his back, "Man up, 'Metri. You'll be fine."

I kiss Eli on the cheek before going to stand with Aisha and Miguel, knowing that Johnny's gonna start class soon. Almost on cue, the blond man walks out of his office and looks out at all the new students.

"Ok. Today we begin—" he starts, but realizes almost nobody can hear him over all the chatter in the dojo.

Then, he yells, "Quiet!" All eyes go toward him as he continues, "Face front."

He walks through the group of new kids, inspecting them. He goes up to Demetri, "Nice shirt."

"Thanks." He smiles.

"I'm joking. It sucks." sensei replies before walking over to another new kid, "Word of advice. If you've got shit for teeth, don't smile."

He looks at a small boy in a purple shirt, "God, makes me feel like a virgin just looking at you."

Miguel and I look at each other and stifle our laughs before Sensei speaks to the whole class, "When I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds. I see a fat kid with a funny hat, with his tits popping out."

I can't help but snort at his last comment and he turns to me, "Something funny, Turtle?"

A wave of panic flashes over me, "Uh, no, Sensei."

He turns away while Miguel looks at me and laughs, causing me to stick my tongue out at him.

Our teacher goes on with his rant, "But in my short time as a sensei, I've also seen some miracles," he looks at Miguel and I, and I coyly smile. "So, maybe there's some hope for you yet. But first, I need to see where you're at. So everybody, fall in!"

All of the new students look around at each other in confusion.

"That means line up." sensei adds, and everyone follows his previous order. "No, not— not line up in a line. Lines! Get in lines."

"You mean like, rows?" Demetri asks.

Sensei brings his hands to his face and groans.

---

"Fighting positions! Jab punch." sensei instructs, "Nope, wait 'til I say go. Hiyah!"

We all follow his instructions and begin the exercise. I look over my shoulder to see Eli and Demetri feebly punching the air and give them a smile before facing forward again.

"Hey, Lip. Yeah, you. The one with the freaky lip. Who do you think I'm talking to?" Johnny says.

My fists drop to my sides and I see that he's talking to Eli. Great.

"Excuse me, uh, Mr. Lawrence." Demetri speaks up.

"Sensei Lawrence!" Aisha corrects and I roll my eyes.

Demetri looks at her and jokingly puts his hands up in surrender, "Okay. You really shouldn't make fun of someone's physical appearance."

"Oh, is that so?" Johnny challenges, "So, I'm not supposed to mention his lip at all?"

I can feel my entire face heating up in anger, and I look back at Eli with a sympathetic gaze.

"Well, yeah." Demetri replies.