O5 difficult lessons

shinobu was itto's little cousin three houses down from his

shinobu was itto's little cousin three houses down from his. he's been babysitting the 13 year old since he was her age. he made her an official member of his gang when she was 9 even though she grew a bit more reluctant to the idea as she aged.

"y/n! that was so cool!" itto exclaimed.

"what?"

"you totally destroyed those guys! i mean i had it under control and was getting ready to show them who's boss- but you! you're awesome!"

"i can't let you get hurt, so it's my job to do that," you said.

"everyone thought you were cool! i know tomorrow at school everyone is gonna talk about you!" itto threw his hands in the air to exaggerate his statement. maybe it wasn't even exaggerated. it wasn't everyday that happens.

even better, you came for itto so they would talk about him too. now you both would be the talk of the school for the rest of the month at least. he felt pretty proud of himself right now.

"so you're insanely strong aren't you? what other demon stuff can you do?"

"nothing of importance."

he groaned. "can you fly? or move stuff with your mind? what about mind control!" he gasped, imagining the endless superpowers he's seen on tv. "can you even be in the sun!" panic filled his voice as he shieleded you from the light.

"yes," you answered.

"is this your girlfriend?" the green haired girl asked bluntly.

"huh? shinobu you can't just ask stuff like that. this is y/n," itto scolded his cousin. he ruffled her hair and pushed her inside. you followed right behind them.

you stared at the short girl. she stared right back. she looked back and forth between you and itto.

"she's too pretty for you. do you like her?" she asked.

"quit it! let's make something to eat!"

you went into the kitchen to start making something. "what do you want to eat?"

itto paused. shinobu climbed onto the counter and itto sat beside her, thinking about what he wanted.

"yakisoba," he answered after a moment. he glanced at shinobu who nodded. so, you prepared yakisoba for them.

one they both had to agree on, it was one of the best meals they've ever tasted. itto gripped his chopsticks in his hand as he stared at his dish. he didn't want to admit anyone could be better than his favorite place, but you surpassed them by a long shot. he could go on and on about how delicious this was.

"who knew you could cook this well too? i think i want this to be my last meal!"

you looked at him as you washed dishes. shinobu was quieter as she ate, but she felt the same as itto.

"bye y/n, bye itto. i'll see you next week," shinobu said at the front door. itto's older cousin came to pick her up this time. you watched them walk down the sidewalk together as shinobu told miyuki about you.

itto shut the door and spun to face you. "i have an idea y/n."

you nodded.

"come to school with me. i think it's best after that thing you pulled earlier."

"i have no need."

he decided to drop it for a moment. he had more questions about today. you tidied up around the kitchen while he sat on the counter again. "how did you know where i was- and i had to watch shinobu?"

you answered without looking up, "it's on the calendar, and that contract lets me know where you are at all times."

he expected something a little cooler, like you could read his mind. that wouldn't be the best. then you'd know all the things he thinks about you especially when you're in front of him.

he stayed silent.

"but if you come to school, you can always protect me- not that i need it. i think you'll fit in just fine with us. pleaseeee." he clasped his hands together in a final attempt to persuade you.

you were his devil thingy and you listen to him. shouldn't you be so excited to come to school with him. he wasn't too above pulling that card if that's what it took.