Chapter 2: Split Up

In the morning, Captain Yami gathered all of us to address what needs to be done. "Alright, idiots. Time to split you guys up so we could go on a day's search since we obviously have nothing to do but slack off. We'll spend the day searching and Julius has already sent out some Kingdom representatives or whatever to help."

"S-seems f-fair." Grey said nervously.

Gordon mumbled.

Yami smoked his cigarette. "I already chose the pairs that you'll be splitting into. First, Noelle and the Kid will be working together. Magna and Luck, I paired you two up because you work well together, and that also goes for Vanessa and my wheels."

"Captain Yami, can you please stop calling me that? My name's Finral," Finral reminded him.

"How about you please keep your damn mouth shut?" The Captain ordered him.

"I–"

"Anyways," Captain Yami interrupted him. "Gordon and Gauche are a pair. Grey's going with Charmy and Zora with Nero. We need to cover as much ground as possible today, and we'll continue tomorrow if that doesn't work the way as planned."

"Yes sir!" All of us Bulls chanted as we performed the salute.

"Use your communication devices to be able to speak to each other if you've found something. You all can choose a place to meet up afterwards."

"Yes, Captain!" We all said.

"Now go away so I can surpass my limits in the bathroom already." Yami angered.

"Y-yes s-sir!" Everyone hesitated in terrified tones as we all ran outside.

"C'mon, Noelle! The Captain assigned you with me! I'm sure we'll do great!" I told her.

"Alright, just don't do anything stupid, Dorksta." Noelle flicked her ponytail over her shoulder.

"We'll get your grimoire back from those bad guys, don't worry, Kiddo." Vanessa, who was wearing her witch outfit, assured me.

"You want to try searching in the Royal Capital first?" Finral asked her. "Referring to how I've been there like a bazillion times..."

"Sure. You can take us there with your portals, right?" Vanessa asked.

"Yeah..."

"Then open one."

"But wouldn't it be wasting mana if we could just go by broom?"

"What else is there your magic can do besides useful transportation? It wouldn't be a waste. You've got plenty of mana, don't you? Quit stalling,"

"Ugh... fine." Finral sighed and opened a portal for him and Vanessa to go through.

Vanessa walked through it but then poked her head from out of the portal waving at us. "Bye guys! See ya' later!" She then disappeared into the portal.

"Yeah, see ya'." Finral waved as well and walked through his portal.

"Bye Miz Vanessa and Mister Finral!" I yelled to them as they left.

"Sh-should we get g-going t-too?" Grey stuttered nervously.

"Yeah! Delicious noms await!" Charmy announced.

"A-aren't w-we supposed t-to look f-for Asta's grimoire?" Grey asked.

"Oh yeah, that too!" Charmy offered a dismissive gesture with her hands.

"Something tells me that it'd be unlikely that she'd focus entirely on the mission instead of scavenging for food." Magna narrowed his eyes.