🏀1

Written in English, grammatical errors ahead.

Jungwon watched helplessly on the side as his bestfriend entertain a guy who walks up to them to ask for her number.

He was beyond annoyed. He hates it when Jia, his girl bestfriend, are getting all the attention of guys on the street. He hates it more when Jia would entertain them all, flirt back and go on dates with some of them.

Obviously, Jungwon likes his bestfriend. For years, now. He just couldn't make a step forward, fearing that their friendship will get ruined. He'd prefer being friends with Jia than nothing. At least they could go on friendly dates, he can hold her hands, cuddle together and visit each others houses.

To Jia, all of those are just friendly gestures. To Jungwon, he wished for it to be more than friendly gesture. He treats her a lot more than he should treat a friend.

Heck, he even joined the basketball team just to impress Jia.

He met her in highschool, they were classmates. Jia joined the cheering squad while Jungwon was eager to join the taekwondo club...but then he heard that Jia's ideal man is a basketball player.

That's why he tried out joining the basketball team. With his small knowledge of the sport, he failed the first time. Jungwon made an effort in practicing and learning more about being a basketball player. Luckily, his effort paid off when he got in to the team on his second try-out.

Jungwon got the position of point-guard, and win as an MVP two times before their graduation on highschool.

He and Jia got along together, became bestfriend and nothing more than that. He couldn't say anything whenever Jia would entertain suitors and be on short-term relationships with other guys. He was just there to give support and advices, to comfort and to act like how a boy bestfriend should act.

Now that they are in college, in a bigger community, Jia's suitors and admirer gets really annoying.

It's only the first week but Jia already had few guys hitting on her. Jungwon really is getting frustrated.

Among all of the guys talking to Jia, Jungwon hates more this one guy with blonde hair.

"Sunghoon-oppa!" Jia waved her hands on the air as three boys came across them.

Jungwon crosses his arms on his chest as he watched his bestfriend and a guy hugged each other infront of him.

He knew Sunghoon, it is the guy who choreographed the cheerleading squad on their highschool. Sunghoon and Jia are also friends, but Jungwon is a lot more important than any other friend of Jia. He's like the best of best friends.

The two other guy stayed behind Sunghoon, one busy with his phone and the other one checking Jia toe from head. The blonde guy lick his lips wet before meeting Jungwon's annoyed look.

Jungwon was sure, this guy is after his bestfriend again.

The guy cleared his throat which caught Sunghoon's attention.

"Ah...Jia, these are my bestfriend. Jay and Jake." Sunghoon said.

"Oh, hi! I am Jia," Jia looks at Jungwon before dragging him close to her, "And this is my bestfriend, Jungwon."

The blonde guy smirked, looking straightly at Jia.

"You're so beautiful." Jay commented.

"Oh, why thank you!" Jia chirped.

Jungwon just met Jay that day and he was already annoyed by his presence. Only because he knew Jay is somehow close to Jia's ideal man.

+++