🏀2

“Hello?” Jungwon asked confuse.

Both Seonwoo and Riki got curious as well and looked at him.

The other line is silent.

He once again take a look to who is calling him at seven in the evening, in the middle of helping Seonwoo finish his homework.

It's an unsaved number.

“Who is this?” he asked once again.

“I thought this was Jia's number...” the caller finally spoke.

Jungwon found the voice very familiar, he wasn't sure where he have heard that.

“No, who is this?” Jungwon bit his lip. He was sure the caller was one of his bestfriend's admirer.

“Who is this?” the other line asked back.

“Who are you?” Jungwon asked back as well.

“Yang Jungwon...” the other line said.

Jungwon was frozen for a moment. Did the person just say his name? Or it was the person's name? Do they have the same name?

“Yang Jungwon, is this your number?” the other line spoke once again.

Jungwon felt his heart skip a beat.

“J-jay?” he wondered, making eye contact to Riki.

“Yes, can you send me Jia's real number?” the guy on the other line said.

He squinted his eyes, quite annoyed.

“Sorry, no.” Jungwon then hunged up the call, turning his phone in an airplane mode.

How did Jay get his number?

The next day at lunch, he and Jia ate lunch together as always.

“Did Jay called you?” It was the first question Jia had asked him when she sat beside him.

Jungwon nodded silently.

“Sorry, I accidentally gave him your number instead of mine. I just realized it later when I got home. I couldn't text you either because I was kinda busy with something.” Jia spoke non-stop.

Jungwon just hummed, eating non-stop.

“Did he asked for my number?”

That was what made Jungwon look up.

“Uhm...yeah.” he looks down again, avoiding eye contact with Jia. “But I refuse to give him your number.” he said.

On his pheripheral vision, he saw how Jia's smile dropped into a half-frown.

“Do you really consider going on dates with him?” Jungwon couldn't help but ask.

Jia nodded.

“What? Do you l—”

“I think I really like him.” Jia finished off his sentence.

Jungwon's heart sunk.

“Sure,” he said half-heartedly.

He's only a bestfriend.

Starting that talk, Jungwon distanced himself from Jia. He would always make an excuse to not meet her.

They still ate lunch together but Jungwon avoided having conversation about Jia and Jay.

Jia would always show up every after practice, bringing two water bottles and towels for both Jay and Jungwon. Except, Riki and Seonwoo would always be there to save Jungwon from awkwardness.