CHAPTER 7 - First Kiss On The Hand

It was an afternoon and Carlos went outside delivering some food made by Julieta.

"Ay! Buenas tardes, Carlos!" Señor Orlando exclaimed.

"Oh uh, Good Afternoon Señor." He gave a slight smile as he handed out some bread to him.

Catalina was heading to their farm, as she was walking she bumped into someone.

"Ah! Sorry! I'm so sorry Señor!" Catalina exclaimed.

"Oy, watch where you're going! You're going to soil my clothes!" The man said angrily.

Carlos spotted her, he placed down his basket and went over to her.

"Holá señor, is everything alright?" Carlos said.

"No! This young lady was too blind to watch where she is going!"

"It was an accident señor, please forgive her."

"Hay!" The man angrily left.

"You okay?" Carlos asked Catalina as he helps her up.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Be careful next time." Carlos says in a bored way. "Where are you going? To meet up with Oliver again?" Carlos says as he sighs.

"What?! No! I'm heading to the farm. And how'd you know that we we're together yesterday?"

"I may have 'one eye' but I'm not blind." Carlos replied.

"So you're in love with him now?" Carlos added as he looks away from her.

"No i don't! It was just a misunderstanding." Catalina says to him.

"So why were you guys holding each other's hands?" Carlos rolled his eyes.

"He took my hand. Besides, we're just friends."

"That's what you always say." Carlos took his basket and left.

"Ugh." Catalina walked away annoyed.

As Catalina was brushing one of the horses she had in mind "I'm not in love with Oliver, I'm in love with- with.. no we're just friends that's it!"

"Catalina!" Mirabel called for her.

"Oh hey Mirabel."

"Have you seen Carlos yet?" Mirabel asked.

"Yeah, earlier. He was quite mad at me for some reason.."  Catalina says as she looks down.

"What? Why?" Mirabel asked.

"I don't know."

"Don't you think he's jealous of you and Oliver?" Mirabel asked.

"What? Nah, he wouldn't. Besides he doesn't even like me so why should he be jealous?"

"You'll never know if he has feelings for you deep inside him." Mirabel does the look Catalina's mom gave her.

"Seriously? You too?" Catalina rolled her eyes on Mirabel.

"Look, I.. don't know if i do like him or not. But as far as i know, he's an awesome guy and we can work out as friends for now." Catalina says.

After that conversation, Catalina walks home looking upset with her head looking down on the ground.

As she reached home, her mom asked "Catalina? Are you okay?"

"Yes mama, just tired." She went up to her room.

As she closed the door she has burst into tears and sat on the floor.

"I don't know why I'm crying.."

Suddenly, her mom called for her.

"Catalina! You have a guest!"

"Coming!" She goes down stairs.

"Carlos? What are you doing here?" She pushed him outside and went to the back of the house.

"I.. just wanted to say sorry from earlier. I didn't mean to seem rude.." He hands her another rose.

"Are you.. crying?" Carlos asked.

But without a word from Catalina, she started to tear up again.

"I'm sorry, this is all my fault. First, i broke Oliver's heart. And now i lost all attention to you because of him!" Catalina says as she cover her eyes.

"What? No! I understand you. It's alright." Carlos pulls her closer to him and hugs her.

"Don't cry. I'm here and will always be." He says those words as he wipes Catalina's tears away.

Catalina blushed on what just happened. Then she finally smiled at Carlos.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, you're welcome." Carlos smiled at her.

"I have to go home, Abuela will be looking for me." Carlos says

But before he left he took Catalina's hand and kissed it.

"Goodnight Hermosa."