CHAPTER 1

Enjoy Reading

I'm all dressed up in my gown and ready to grace the stage as the new Miss Universe. But I can't shake off this nervousness. I'm about to meet again those who once brought me joy.

"Kisses, are you ready?" pag lapit sa akin ng manager ko.

"Yes, I am. By the way, are my mom and dad already in the front row?" I asked. Their unwavering support means the world to me.

"I spotted them earlier. They asked about you, sabi ko you were in the restroom," she replies while fixing my make up.

As we make our way toward the stage door, I notice many new faces—fresh talent. I hope ABS won't resort to dropping other artists to make room for them.

Counting from one to three, the stage door swings open. I take a deep breath and step onto the stage. There he is, the guy I once hesitated to take a chance on, performing his new single, "Wings." What a beautiful coincidence—my favorite kind.

After my runway walk, I retreat backstage to prepare for my interview. Once that's done, I plan to head home for lunch with my parents, as scheduled.

While watching other artists perform, my manager signals for me to get ready. I'm up next, with Kuya Roby set to interview me, alongside Donny and the other ASAP hosts. My nerves are on edge.

"Kisses, after the interview, you can head home. I'll ask your mom to wait for you backstage," my manager reassures me.

"Okay po, super thank you" I reply, making my way to the stage."Hello, everyone," I greet the studio audience with a bright smile before embracing Kuya Roby.

"Long time no see, Kisses. Congratulations on your win," he says warmly.

"Thank you, Kuya Roby," I respond, going around to hug the other hosts who also extend their congratulations.

When it's Donny's turn, I decide to keep things amicable and hug him too.

"Congratulations!" His words make my heart race.

"Thanks," I manage to keep my heart calm before returning to the center for the interview.

After the nerve-wracking encounter with Donny, I'm feeling jittery. Kuya Roby begins the interview.

"So, Kisses, ano ang mga plano mo after your Miss U advocacy?" he asks.

"For now, Kuya Roby, I don't have concrete plans. Maybe a vacation in Masbate or even settling there," I admit.

"Are you considering leaving showbiz?" he probes, rinig ko and panghihinayang sa boses niya.

"I've said I'd never leave, but perhaps some promises are meant to be broken. Right now, I'm leaning toward focusing on my studies. Showbiz has become somewhat toxic for me. But I'll always be grateful to my Kissables for their support on my journey to becoming Miss Universe," I explain, hearing my fans voices after I mentioned them.

After nila ako na ma interview, I'm finally allowed to go backstage. Nandito ako sa room designated for me, preparing my things and as I'm preparing to leave, the door swings open, revealing Ate Sue and my ASAP chill-out squad.

Ate Sue embraces me immediately upon eye contact. Then, I notice Donny lingering behind the door.

"Kisses, congrats! You were amazing, pero bakit aalis ka na agad?" Ate Sue questions.

"I have to go ate. My parents are waiting for our lunch date," I explain.

"Ah, got it. Nasaan pala sila?" Ate Sue asks.