Chapter 4: Survival and Alliances

A couple weeks have passed, and we've made it so far to Paris, but seriously, I regret going by motorbike, it's getting really colder and I can merely stand the cold anymore... I'm as well I begining to get some fever but I haven't told her yet. I will try to find a car and learn using it, it's as well safer than going by motorbike, because we could hide inside it if it was needed.

By now we are at the tables under the eiffel tower, I made some coffe for her and now she's drinking it, meanwhile I'm looking around for a car with enough gas to get to Spain, that works properly, and is comfortable enough.

“Oh my god Joan... your coffe is fabulous!” May tells me after having taken a sip from the coffe.

“I guess... my mother has taught me on how to make coffe, it's good that in Paris there aren't many zombies around, I wonder what has really happend thought...” As I rub my chin slightly, since some time passed my beard and mustashe are begining to grow a little.

She then appreaches my face with her hand, stroking it gently. “Maye we should find you something to shave that off, I mean, if it's unfomfortable for you.”

“Yeah... I guess we should... Anyways, I'm gonna keep on looking for cars around, okay?” as I say that I begin to walk to the street slowly. “And if something happens just tell me, scream or something.”

“Okay mister superworried.” She says giving me a soft smile, as I turn around I can't help to smile like a fool. Then after some steps I reach the street, I see a brown-skinned couple of people, the man looks just normal, but the girl has deeply emerald-like eyes, then I reach up to them and say.

“Going to Spain? Me and my... uh... Well, we are going to Spain as well, would you like to join a trip with us? As well if you know to ride a car it'd be a lot of help since... well I don't kinda know how to, and We've done such a long trip on motorbike... Oh, yeah, My name is Joan, nice to meet you.” Then I reach my hand out at the man as her replies.

“Yeah... I don't know how we've made it so far from egypt... we took a plane but it crashed, we jumped off it and made it alive because we fell onto the sea. We somehow made it to the french coast... My name is Darius Massri, and her name is... uh... Well, Ishtar...” he then rubs the back of his head as if I should suspect something from her name, then he gives me his hand as we shake hands.

“It's settled then, we four are going together to Spain! It's my homeland I have quite the glimpse on how to get there, as well we could all live in my house, I don't think my parents...” then I looked away. “My parents aren't alive anymore so...” My look has gone down as he pats on my shoulder, then I lok up smiling slightly and then I run off to tell May. “May!!! We won't have to be cold anymore becau-” By when I was saying that, the fever has completely gotten into me so I just fell onto the floor fainting, just in front of May.

As I finish drinking the delicious coffe he did for me I decide to go to check on what he's doing, then I see him coming and smile softly at him, then he suddenly falls onto the floor fainting, I run at him as I see two other people coming towards us, as I hold him I see that at least he still breathes, I'm thankfull that he's alive but as I touch on his forhead I notice that he has a really high fever. “J-Joan? And.. you two... Who are you?”

The man with a worried face came to us as well, and then he said “I was just talking with your boyfriend... We said to go together to Spain since he knows how to go and I know to drive a car... Is it a fever he's got?”

I nod as lay Joan properly on the floor, letting out some tears since I'm really worried about him. “H-He's not... Is he gonna be allright?”

“Don't worry... I know how to treat fever, so he'll be allright maybe in a couple days. My name is Darius, and the woman that is acompanying me is Ishtar...” He then hurries to get some cold water and a towel and afterwards puts it on his forhead. “We are going to look for a car while you take care of him, each hour or two get the towel wet again and put it back on his forhead okay?”