Chapter 2 - A sudden meeting

I grabbed my loaded backpack. I had to straighten my electrified hair to prevent people from entitling me, Einstein Junior. Even though my academic grades are far beyond the average person's ones. "People should be ungiven the first distinct impression of me as a nerd." I had sighted before I rushed myself to the remote bus stop, ten minutes away from my home. I did not appreciate anything about our notorious neighborhood because ghastly terror pierced my anxious heart every single time I reluctantly decided to take a step outside my house. But today, I groggily accepted no other alternative but to entrust my intact legs a wobbly feeling down the crooked streets.

...

I caught sight of a prominent person waiting passively for the local bus at a distance. He sat there glancing downwards on the concrete floor. He was somewhere around my age. In the forgotten past, when I inevitably encountered a suspicious person, an outrageous feeling instantly appeared that stalled me on the bleeding edge of a panic attack, but this time it never came, which felt strange. My graceful palms did not sweat, neither did my body desperately craves to sprint away immediately. Perchance it was the active pills I allegedly received from my psychiatrist.

I wandered towards the bus stop and carefully observed the intimidating scenery around me. My body did not panic from the unknown boy, but it was still frightened by every peculiar sound inevitably emerging from the pedestrian streets. The vibrant leaves swirling around like a terrific hurricane instantly appeared from the ground. The cultural horizon emitted the amber color, not to forget the purple sky filled with cotton candy. Everything was peaceful, yet the obscurity of a deceased person could be desperately waiting for me by the adjacent corner jabbing me repeatably, or someone could advance warily and terrorize me since I am vulnerable out in nature. The kids outside ran around playing with their plastic toys. They would bubble with everlasting bliss which undoubtedly made me wonder uneasily if my tragic past was fair.

"Stop thinking about the past, Tristan" I nagged with an insignificant sound, begging piteously the boy at the stop did not hear me talking to myself again.

After what felt dreadfully like centuries, I was at long last at the bus stop. The boy sat on the traditional bench scrolling through his social media, not even concerned about his pleasant surroundings.

"What a lucky guy," I genuinely thought.

I instantly started to fumble with my phone, pleading earnestly for the time to proportionately increase from gear one to gear six, if possible. Even though the terrible time passed slowly, I initiated my saunter in the imaginary world, my tenacious safeguard from the outer world where nobody could judge me. Suddenly, while I was inside my ideal world, I allegedly discovered a deep voice that breached the barrier between cruel reality and my secure world.

"Hey, you there. Are you the one who moved in two streets away?" He wittily said as he stood up from the bench.

Suddenly, I inevitably felt a sudden grip around my sore chest, reluctantly forcing me to breathe with difficulty. My disordered brain swirled between turning off and on, retelling its violent sequence.

"Nobody does anything to you." I trembled uncontrollably before I realized the unsettling feeling welling inside me was just my disordered imagination. I snapped back to the harsh reality and regard the boy looking bewildered towards me.

"Yeah, I recently moved in some days ago." I stuttered before the unsetting sound of a gulp emerged from my throat.

He stood up and starred me into my ashy eyes and outstretched his eager hand and cheered enthusiastically.

"Welcome to our tiny town, umm, what is your name?"

"Tristan and your name is?"

I smiled sympathetically looking at his emerald-green eyes before my eager eyes changed directions, staring wonderingly at the street and the sea-blue sky.