Chapter 1

"Haaah, I'm beat..."

Sunday, April 9th. Walking on the sidewalks, a young woman has been yawning non-stop since she started walking. With the street lights illuminating the fairly dark road, the woman continues her trek home.

The woman, named Y/N Itsuka, has just gotten out of her "part-time job." With it being the end of Spring Break, she and her younger siblings will have a school day tomorrow. With that, she was let off early to prepare for the first school day on Monday.

As shown by her constant yawning, this "part-time job" of hers is a very physically demanding one. As for what it is, she keeps it a secret. Whenever her siblings ask about it, she'd respond with her usual reply, "I'm a waitress in a restaurant!"

"I wonder what class I'll be in... ah right, she's also in the same school as I am!"

A good thing to know about her "part-time job" is that she isn't the only one that's still a student. Probably at least 1 more person in their "workforce" is also a student.

"Well, we'll find out tomorrow anyway."

With that, the eldest Itsuka daughter continues to walk on the sidewalk, humming. Her hair dancing along with the cold winds that are also touching her face. Oddly enough, even with the wind temperature being comparable to ones that come from air conditioners, Y/N hasn't been bothered at all.

Probably because of the "job" that she has, which could be comparable to a full-on workout session.

———————————————

After a few minutes of Y/N walking and she reaches the Itsuka family's home. A decently-sized two-story house with a blue color for the slanted roof. Looking at it at the front from left to right, there is a garage that is under a balcony on the second floor. Beside it is the door to the house and a side yard at the rightmost side.

Walking towards the door, Y/N grabs the handle and turns it to open the door to the house. Stepping inside, she takes off her sandals before walking further inside the house. As she passes by the door to the right, she can smell something nice coming from the kitchen. In an instant, she knew who was in the kitchen.

With that thought in mind, she walks up until she's right at the door, which she opens to see the one she expects to see in the kitchen...

Her foster younger brother, Shido Itsuka, is currently making something for dinner. Meanwhile, two people are at the dining table preparing the other cooked meals. The two adults are Y/N's foster parents, Tatsuo and Haruko Itsuka.

"Ah! Onee-chan, welcome home!~"

Before Y/N can scan the entire room, her ears receive a lively voice accompanied by quick footsteps heading towards her. Fully opening the door, her eyes move in the direction of the voice's origin. Now standing in front of her is someone with wonderful light coral-colored hair on a twin-tail style, with it being tied by two white ribbons on each side. Her eyes were a shade of red with her face showing eagerness, waiting for a response. Seeing the sight, Y/N can't help but smile and pat the girl's head.

"I'm home, Kotori."

Itsuka Kotori, Y/N's foster younger sister, and the Itsuka family's biological daughter. This sister of hers just makes the house a much livelier place.

While Y/N continues patting her younger sister, she notices something. Where is that something? Well, it's coming out of Kotori's mouth, and Y/N is all too familiar with it. Seeing that Kotori's letting her guard down, Y/N takes the opportunity. Moving her hand to grab the object, she makes a sudden pull on it, bringing out the said item from her mouth.