Chapter 2

April 10th, 5:30

It has been about 30 minutes since sunrise. The sunlight is passing through the windows of the Itsuka's house; the ones that aren't covered with curtains. One of the few windows that have a partially open window is one in the eldest sibling's room, Y/N's.

The eldest daughter groaning from the ray of light disturbing her slumber, she decides to wake up.

In the time that she has been with the Itsuka family, she has always been the one to wake up first without the help of an alarm. The only exceptions are when their parents have to leave before sunrise. Yeah, for some reason they occasionally have to leave very early.

Now that Y/N has already been disturbed by the sunlight, she fully opens the curtain, letting in more sunlight. Her eyes instinctively dart away from the sunlight's direction. The reason is that she hasn't adapted to it yet, but after a few seconds, she'd have already done so.

Y/N then looks back outside, seeing the nice view of the mountain on her other window. While looking at the houses behind theirs, she drifts back to her thoughts of the day before.

"Ah, right. Today's the first day back at school."

Although being 17, Y/N is only a few months older than Shido, meaning that the two of them are both second years. A part of Y/N also wants to be in the same class, due to her not wanting to let Shido be alone.

It's because recent events have been worrying her...

The spacequakes. Strange phenomena with an unknown cause to the public. With it causing major collateral damage, the government has set up evacuation areas one at a time to prepare for this event.

And lately, it's been increasing in frequency... and most are in Japan.

For this reason alone, Y/N wants to make sure that she can get her siblings in one as soon as a spacequake alert pops up.

"I can worry about that later. Right now, I need to prepare for school."

Slapping both of her cheeks to focus, Y/N stands up from her bed, starting her routine for today. And first is taking a bath.

——— (Not writing a bath scene~) ———

Wrapping a towel around her body, Y/N walks out of the bathroom and walks back to her room. As soon as she reaches it, she takes the towel off and starts dressing up in the Raizen High school uniform.

The uniform consists of a white long-sleeved shirt under a black blazer with the school's logo on its left, a blue skirt with two blue stripes near the bottom, and a red ribbon tied around the shirt's collar. Deciding to go with a pair of (white/black) (long socks/tights), Y/N is almost ready to go if she wanted to.

Now to let her hair dry. With her hair still wet after taking a bath, Y/N wraps a towel on it to let it dry faster. Now while waiting for her hair to dry and for her two siblings to get up as well, she grabs her phone and starts looking at some articles. While she does, she takes a glance at her nightstand. On it, there's a lollipop, the one that Kotori tried to hide from her last night at dinner. Y/N was able to grab it before Kotori could leave her chair.

Being in the mood to consume one, Y/N decides to take it and start unwrapping it.
"Well, it's only once in a while, unlike this house's pocket sunshine~" Giggling at one of her few nicknames for her younger sister, Y/N's inserts the lollipop in her mouth and continues scrolling.

...

After her hair dried up, Y/N decided to start combing it to the style that she prefers. While she's combing her hair, she checks on the time...