Chapter 5

Nessa watched Jaden and Adam talking. Adam was so hard to read she couldn't tell if he was mad or anything. Adam then went upstairs leaving Jaden standing there.

"Did something happen?" she asked Carson who was standing there with her.

"I think everything is ok. Adam doesn't seem mad," Carson said.

"You can read him?" Nessa asked.

"Yes, Delaney can and Amy can."

"That's good."

Soon dinner was ready.

"Everything is good with Adam?" Nessa whispered to Jaden at the dinner table.

"Yeah," Jaden whispered back, "He wasn't mad he just said to be careful what I share." Nessa nodded.

"Once again thank you Carson and Avri for dinner," John said.

"Of course!" Carson said, taking her seat next to Adam.

"Thanks babe," Adam said and kissed her cheek.

"So cute," Nessa said.

"Thanks Avri," Adam said.

"You're welcome," Avri said. Thankfully they were getting along.

The family ate their food. After dinner Ace and Adam bussed all the dishes.

"I'll wash them later," Jaden said.

"Good," John said.

"I think it's time for some music," Amy said, looking at Adam and Delaney.

"We got you," Adam said and got up. Delaney soon joined him. Nessa watched Adam grab Brayden's acoustic guitar and Delaney grabbed the microphones.

"Testing," she said into the microphone.

"It works," Ace called.

"Let's all go sit in the living room," Amy said. Nessa followed Jaden over to the couch. Carson sat next to Nessa. Ace and Avri sat on the floor in front of Amy and John. Brayden sat in another chair.

Play song here

(Growin up by Julie Clark)

"I love this song!" Amy said when they finished. The line that stuck with Nessa was 'so many things have happened.' What could have possibly happened to them? They both really seemed to have their life together. If only Nessa truly knew what had happened. It was the reason this part of the family was split into two. Brayden and his late wife, Amy and John, Jaden and his sisters, Ace and his brothers, Adam and Delaney, Avri and Carson on one side. Adam and Delaney's mom and their other Uncle and Aunt on the other side.

"That was so good," Nessa told them.

"Thank you," Delaney replied.

"Yeah, thank you," Adam said.

"You guys did so good," Carson said before Adam pulled her in.

"That was good like always," Avri said.

"Yeah," Ace said as he placed his arm around Avri.

Later that night Nessa and Jaden were awoken by a scream.

"What was that?" Nessa asked.

"God damn it Adam," Jaden muttered. Was that Adam?

"We should stay here," Jaden said.

"Ok," Nessa said. The door opened and Ace's head popped in.

"Are you guys awake? Wait, I can answer my own question," Ace said.

"What's going on?" Nessa asked.

" Everything is fine," Ace said, "Adam's fine."

"Everything will be fine," Jaden said.

"Avri went in their room and I hope she isn't going to chew him out," Ace said.

"Right," Jaden replied.

"Everything is good! You can go back to bed," Carson called.

"I'm tired," Ace said, "So goodnight."

"Goodnight again," Jaden said.

"Goodnight," Nessa said. She snuggled into Jaden again and fell back asleep.

Nessa got up in the morning and only Carson was downstairs.

"Morning Carson," Nessa said.

"Morning Nessa," she smiled.

"Where is Adam? He is usually up at this time?" Nessa asked.

"He's sleeping in," Carson replied. Carson had told Adam to sleep in since he had a nightmare early in the morning. She was hoping he would listen to her and so far he was.

"Good morning guys," Jaden said cheerfully.

"Morning J," Carson said.

"Morning babe," Nessa said.

"Is Adam not up?" Jaden asked.

"I told him to sleep in," Carson said.

"Good," Jaden replied.

"Morning dudes," Ace called.

"You're so annoying shut up," Jaden called back.

"Adam is still sleeping," Carson snapped.

"Really?" Avri asked, making a face.

"Yeah, I told him to sleep in," Carson said.

"He's up now," Delaney said, coming down the stairs.

"I think we should go to the beach," Ace said. The others agree.

"Wait for Adam before you make a decision," Nessa pipped in.

"Good point," Ace said. Soon Adam appeared and Nessa felt so bad, he looked so sad.

"We want to go to the beach. You want to come?" Ace asked.

"Sure," Adam replied. Nessa wanted to give him a hug, he just looked so out of it. Adam and Carson went back upstairs to change.

"Baby you don't have to go," Carson said.

"I know. I want to though," he replied. He gave Carson a gentle kiss.

"You look good in your new swim suit," Adam commented.

"So do you in your trunks," Carson replied after Adam had put his trunks on.

Nessa had gone back upstairs to put her suit on. Jaden had come down in his suit. Ace, Avri and Delaney had come down in theirs as well. She grabbed a bikini and tied the top on and the bottoms on. She felt a little self conscious since Carson to her looked like a model. She grabbed one of Jaden's t-shirts and threw it on over her suit. Sliding on her feet and grabbed her towel and left the room.

"Ready?" Adam asked, he was waiting for Carson outside their room.

"Yeah, you feeling alright?" Nessa found herself asking.

"Yeah, I'm doing ok," Adam replied. She looked to Carson who had just appeared for an answer.

"Yeah, he's doing alright," Carson replied. The three then headed downstairs.