2 The Butterfly Estate

"Stay there for a minute." The boy said, walking into a room. He closed the door behind him, leaving me to stand in a little hallway. I looked around, taking in the area.

"Who're you?" A voice asked from behimd me.

I turned, seeing three teenage girls there. They looked like triplets. They each had black hair. One had two butterfly clips on each side of her head, the second had blue clips with pigtails, and the third had two braids held by green clips.

"I'm Rai." I said.

"Are you trying to find Aoi?" The one with blue asked.

"Aoi?" I asked.

"You're hurt aren't you?" The green one asked.

I nodded. "I was brought here b-"

"You aren't wearing a uniform...." The girl with red said, looking at my clothes.

"Uniform? For wha-"

The door opened and a girl looked at me. She turned back to the boy. "You said she was hurt?"

"Yes." He nodded.

She nodded and pulled me into the room. She pushed him out and closed the door, lifti g the back of my shirt. "You'll need about a day of rest and treatment if you don't want it to get infected." She said. She walked over to a cabinet and pulled down a couple of jars, walking back over. She opened them and rubbed the medicine on my back. Afterwards she bandaged me up and put the medicine up.

"Thank you." I said, sitting down.

"No problem. I'm just doing my job." She said.

I nodded. "Who was the boy that brought me here?"

"The thunder pillar, Zenitsu Agatsuma." She said.

"Pillar?" I asked.

She looked at me. "Did he not explain anything to you?"

I shook my head and looked at the floor. "My mother was killed by a man with horns and he showed up and chopped off his head."

She nodded. "He's part of the Demon Slayer Corps. They're a group of people who fight demons to keep people safe. The only way to kill one is to cut its head of with a nichirin blade."

I nodded as she told me more, explaining everything. Once she finished, she left me alone in the room to rest, telling me to stay in bed.

No problem there, fatigue finally set in and I was tired.

*

"You should be fine now." Aoi said, handing me some new clothes.

"Thank you." I said, taking them. I changed and walked out of the room, looking around. I explored for a bit and ended up outside. It was a garden. I walked around it, looking at the flowers and various butterflies that were around.

"I heard you were better." Someone said.

I jumped and looked over. "Why would you sneak up... on...."

Zenitsu was there. "Sorry for sneaking up on you."

I nodded. "It's alright," i said, looking around. "This place is pretty nice. I've never seen a house that big."

He nodded, looking around. He stared at the house for a moment.

I watched it too. "How'd you know someone needed help where I was? I'd never seen you in town."

"It was where my next mission had been. I thought that I had taken care of all of them, but there was still one near your home." He said.

I nodded.

He looked at me. "I also noticed that you tried taking care of the demon yourself."

I nodded. "I couldn't though. The axe wasn't made of the same kind of metal your sword is."

He nodded and thought. "Would you be interested in becoming a demon slayer?"

"Do you think I'd be a good fit?" I asked.

He nodded. "I have a feeling that you'll be fine."

I nodded. "Then I would be interested."

He nodded and started walking. "Come on."