11- Zenitsu's thoughts at the moment

I paced back and forth, waiting for Tomioka. He stepped out of the room and started walking.

"So?" I asked, following him.

"They're figuring it out." He said, continuing to walk.

I followed. "Do they know when they might finish getting that answer?"

He turned to me. "Don't be impatient."

"I'm just worried." I said.

"Rai will be fine." He said. I could hear the slightest bit of uncertainty in his voice. I looked at the ground and relectantly nodded.

"Try to calm down for a bit while you wait." He said, patting my shoulder.

I nodded and left the building. I started walking through the woods, Chuntarou landidng on my shoulder and chirping.

"I miss her.... What if something bad happens to her?" I mumbled.

Chuntarou chirped, flying up and sitting on my head. He continued to chirp lightly.

I watched the ground, my eyes watering up slightly. I wiped the tears away, starting to scold myself. If she dies it's your fault. Why'd you take her in? She's gonna die just like Ta-

I stopped my thoughts, sitting against a tree and starting to cry. It all just broke loose. I hadn't cried in a while. I needed  it but had stopped letting myself do it.

Chirp chirp. Chuntarou was trying to nest more into my hair, trying to make me feel better. I reached up and pet him a bit, wiping my tears away again, but still crying.

"I promise I'll get her back." I whispered to myself.

"Zenitsu! They figured out where Rai is!" Mitsuri called, running over.

"They did?" I asked, getting up.

She nodded quickly. "We need to go now."

I nodded and hugged her. "Thank you for finding me as soon as possible."

She nodded.