I.

— SYBILL didn't remember Mei Chang ever being in her D

SYBILL didn't remember Mei Chang ever being in her D.A.D.A class but when she walked in, her heart went into her throat and her cheeks got a rosy red tint.

"Miss Chang and Lestrange... How nice of you to join the class." Professor What's-His-Name (Sybill could never remember his name because it was so long, not even I, sir author know what it is.) scoffed, ready to remove points from both their houses until Remus Lupin spoke up.

"Actually, sir," Lupin began, "I saw them earlier before class. They had to go to see Madam Pomfrey for Mei's shoulder. It has been hurting a lot lately." Remus shot a glance in the girl's direction for them to play along.

"Ah!" Bella exclaimed, "Yes. Yes, Lupin's right, Professor. Mei's shoulder was aching very very bad."

Mei nodded and held her left shoulder, "I could barely lift my bag!"

Sybill giggled quietly, her curls slightly bouncing.

The Professor nodded and went on with the lesson as Bellatrix walked off to her seat next to a hufflepuff girl. Sybill turned back to her book when she suddenly heard a voice ask her, "Hi, can I sit here?" Sybill jumped at the voice and then whipped her head to the side to look at the person.

Mei Chang smiled kindly at her and Sybill swear she would have melted right then and there if she hadn't had to continue paying attention to class. "Yes.. Yes! You can, go ahead." Her slight outburst turned heads, but everyone turned their attention away after she quieted down again.

Sybill blushed when Mei thanked her sweetly and plopped down. "So," Mei started, and Sybill glanced at her, "What did I miss?"

Trelawney shrugged, "Not very much. We're just learning about vampire diets."

Chang nodded and stayed quiet.

The rest of the class was quite boring, but Sybill couldn't stop blushing and looking at the hand Chang had placed on the desk to use to flip the pages of the book.

— time skip : 1 hour

By Mei's free period, she had found out that her and the Trelawney girl had a lot in common. They became quick friends, and sent funny notes to each other all through DADA.

Mei didn't know if she did something wrong, but as soon as the class they were in earlier was over, Bellatrix stormed out the room with out a single word uttered.

"Don't worry," Sybill chorused , "I'm sure she just needs to get somewhere really quick! She'll talk to you later, Mei."

Mei nodded solemnly and walked through the long and tall hallways toward the courtyard with Sybill.