Interlude: The Closer we Become

Eleanor's pov:

"No, I refuse to live like this!" I replied desperate, panting for my breath, as I ran away from that mysterious ruin once I saw the chance.

I didn't succeeded, as that daemon woman followed me as if she was a Wolf chasing her prey, and waited at the perfect chance to lock my escapes route. I was stuck between a huge rock on my back, and Velvet in front, a hopeless situation.

"You're the one who suggested in do as I said..." Velvet's voice was cold and nonchalantly, it made my spine shiver and my limbs refuse to move. She approached me in quick steps until be a mere meters of me. I could feel her breath, lowering her eyebrows as she towered my gaze, making it shake in uncertainty. All my sigh was just her face, as her sweet floral smell overwhelmed me.

"I... didn't expected to lose..." I did my best to avoid sound nervous, she was so close, too close. Even as a last resort to avoid me fleeing away, it actually put all my nerves on warning.

She expressed a mischievous smile, licking her lips, "You really overestimated your strength... exorcist." She placed her right hand on my chin, as I tried to look at her with confidence, "You should stop the brave facade, I can feel you're nervous and fear... delicious fear," she whispered the last part.

Of course, as a daemon her senses were vastly superior. Even so, I will not gave her the chance of making me miserable, "I don't care... what would you know? An emotionless monster like you... will never understand."

She released a stressed sigh, "Believe what you want, that doesn't change the fact that we agreed in follow the term of the winner." She started caressing my cheek with her thumb, "An obedient sheep like you, should follow her word." She said in a harden voice, as I noticed her placing her left hand on the wall behind me, locking me on entirely.

No, no... how this happened. She's a daemon, I was supposed to kill her, not the other way around! I don't want this, I can't accept this!

"Never! I will never betray lord Artorius, monster..." she arched an eyebrow, like wondering my sudden bravery, "I rather die... than be you're subordinate, or worse... just a vessel for you to play with.

She answered with a dry giggle, "That attitude of you is a pain, It makes me wants to torture you," she bared her teeth, "You have no idea how much I'm restraining myself..."

All my body started shaking, those amber eyes of her were looking at me with hunger, anticipation. No, no...

"If you rather wish to just die..." her left arm transformed, quickly grabbing me from behind as she locked my body with her monstrous finger, and approached her mouth to my ear, "Then I will devour you..."

As I felt a strong bite on my back that started tearing my flesh, she quickly licked my pulse point before sank her teeth in a strong bite. I screamed in agony, the tears I tried so hard to contain were flowing down...

...

"NO, NOOOOOO AGHHHGGGG."

"Eleanor, Wake up!"

I opened my eyes feeling a slight headache, sitting on the bed as I caressed my temple. Oh, right were already on their ship sailing to Yseult, after the Saleh toma incident. Then why I dreamed about being in the ruins?

"Eleanor!"

"Oh, Laphicet, what... happened?" I forced a smile, despite the fact that it was obvious why he was so worried.

"You were having a nightmare..." he said with a sad expression, "What happened?"

"Is nothing, nothing! Just a daemon that frightened me a long time ago," I lied with a giggle, feeling bad for doing such thing with him.