My Own Path

Lately, my mind was constantly reminding me of all the sins and destruction I caused starting my journey. Back on those days, my objective was everything I wanted to get done, to finally end my own life at it's conclusion. I wasn't planning in get involved in others lives, aside using them for my own benefits.

I acted cold, ruthless, threatening everyone who would oppose me, even allies. All I needed was Artorius head sliced by my own hands. Leading my quest to the path of chaos.

He was the world savior, so my desire of wanting him dead made me the Lord of Calamity.

Even so, I realized the consequences of my actions, bottling up my inner fears and problems just before Innominat said them... using his vessel, Laphi to bring my buried despair afloat. The monster I become, opposing his sacrifice, all in a useless quest that started thanks to my own love and affection being betrayed...

If it wasn't for Phi, I wouldn't be able to overcome part of my hatred and despair, as for was remaining, it's still inside me, as a punishment of my own actions, malevolence, alongside the voice of everyone I devoured I often heard.

It's nothing I can just easily move on, not matter the words of affection, or the direct support I receive. Nothing will change the fact that I am Velvet, the Lord of calamity... the daemon who brought disaster to the kingdom.

I don't care if the world hates me, I don't care for those who are meaningless to me. But still... part of my old habits and tenderness continues there, that helped me survive on my path, thanks to the allies I made, and Laphicet... the malak who brought hope inside my heart. And as a new empyrean, decided that I deserve to continue my life...

I personally didn't wanted to accept it. The reality was that this world would never forgive someone as me, never...

Even so, he insisted, "If you're death if what the world needs, I rather let it be destroyed." so as a result I decided to a least give his offer a try...

"If you both finished talking, I want to remind you all that the entire abbey was wiped out and lost their connection with malaks, but the evil nature and chaos in human's hearts still lives on!" Magilou explained releasing a long sigh, "Is gonna be tough for all of us from here on..."

"Yes, it is. Even so... humanity will never lost hope or their prayers for a better future." Phi told us, raising his head toward the horizon, he sounded full of hope. That alone made me smile, proud of how much he grew in our adventure.

"Well said!" Eleanor shouted, sharing the same sentiment as me.

"Malakins recovered their total free will, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them decide to aid you in make this future you both want." Eizen added, looking at Phi and me.

"The future we both want..." I put my left hand over my chest. That's what Phi said, he wanted to create that world using his empyrean power. Recalling our conversation in Meirchio, I guess he hoped that life for others... he can't get it anymore.

"Well then, with these many daemons around, I hope I can find one worthy to have fun!" Rokurou declared looking toward the sky on the exit, grabbing the handle of his sword.

"For now I will be in the Van Eltia. If I find one I will deal with it, with my curse I'm up for a challenge." Eizen walked to his side, "may as well make a safer world for Edna."

"Yup! I will be prepared to face on any remaining daemon, even if I'm not an exorcist anymore!" Eleanor was determined, with a huge smile on her face.

"If i have not options, I go along... though I don't really care about it to be honest as much as saving my life..." indifferent, Magilou joined the conversation.