Ep 4: The Chosen One

What if Harry Potter had a little group with the first years after the war? [Inspiration from above song]

Harry sat down with his muggle musical instrument. It was a classic acoustic guitar he had brought for himself after the war. His back was against the tree and two Hufflepuffs, three Slytherins, two Gryffindor and one Ravenclaw  sat in front of him with eager faces. They were all first years and really excited for this weeks session. 

The afternoon sun was fairly warm as Harry took the guitar in his hand and strummed it. "So, what do we do for today's session?" he asked the excited kids. This was therapeutic for him. Talking about the realties of the war instead of being thanked for the story the people made up themselves. The kids always seemed to cheer him up and the music was just calming. "Do you have a crush Harry?" a Slytherin girl asked. He thought for a while before nodding. 

-------------------------------------

Draco Malfoy sat with a thump in front of the Black Lake. His hair devoid of gel and the Malfoy ring missing from his finger. The Eighth Year had been tiring so far. He loosened his tie to breathe as he took out his homework. As he opened his bag, he heard a quiet voice asking, "Do you have a crush Harry?" Draco perked up at that. Finally, something interesting in all the boringness. He hastily stood up, his heart beating for a reason only he knew and listened quietly as he sat closer. 

Harry must have given an inaudible gesture to say yes because he heard another voice ask, "Who is it?" Harry soft (and beautiful, in Draco's opinion) laughter soon followed as he spoke, "I can describe him for you." Him, Draco thought. He blushed at the fact that his crus- the savior was gay. "Him!?" a high pitched voice asked. a pause then another spoke, "What does he look like?" There was strum of music, possibly for a gee-taur thing Draco heard about and Harry angelic voice singing,

"Hair white as ice, yeah, it's mesmerizing
Dressed to blend in with the night
Eyes grey as stone, so damn patronizing
No secret he's bad to the bone,"

"Why would you like someone who's bad?" a kid asked. Harry chuckled before singing again,

"But beneath the cloak of armour, he's a product of his father
A broken man with broken memories
Yeah, he'll question your intentions, and object to your affection"

"How do you love someone like that?" came in the background,

"He's someone who only wants to be seen,
He's the Chosen One for me."

Draco's heart fluttered for an unknown reason. He tried to think of boys with white hair and grey eyes. What if he was tricking the kids? What if it was someone else? The only person with white hair and grey eyes he could think of was himself. But it couldn't be. No. 

"What house is he in," a boy asked. 

"Forest green emblem of Slytherin (Draco's breath got caught in his throat)
he's born into impending doom.
Feverish nights wake up quivering

When he learns what he's destined to do
But beneath the cloak of armour, he's a product of his father
A broken man with broken memories
Yeah, he'll question your intentions, and object to your affection
He's someone who only wants to be seen

He's the Chosen One for me."

"I think that's enough," Harry's voice came as soon as the strumming stopped. The children groaned before departing one by one. Draco too was about to leave when a voice stopped him, "I know you're there Malfoy."

Draco hissed slightly before reluctantly revealing himself.

Harry smiled before strumming the guitar again, "But beneath the cloak of armour, you're a product of your father-"

"I'm not my father Potter!" Draco yelled irrelatively, but Harry continued, "A broken man with broken memories-" 

"What do you want from me!" Draco yelled again, tears welling up in his eyes. "Yeah, you'll question my intentions-"

Draco's eyes widened with realisation. Then he quickly yelled, "I don't want your pity!"

"And object to my affections-"  Draco's eyes widened further as he realised that Harry was right. Salty tears broke free and ran down his cheeks as his legs automatically stepped towards Harry and stopped when e was directly in front of Harry. "You're someone who only wants to be seen-"  Draco's legs gave out as he fell on his knees. His forehead dropped on Harry's shoulder and he sung the last line, "You're the Chosen One for me."

Draco started sobbing uncontrollably. He felt Harry place his gee-taur aside and pick Draco up and placed him on his lap. Harry kissed Draco's forehead. Draco started sobbing louder, muffled by Harry's shoulder, as he dug his head at the crook of his neck. Draco felt loved. A longing feeling he'd been wanting. Love. He felt Harry hot breath beside his ear as his grip tightened on Draco, "I love you."

"Why?" Draco chocked up.

"Because you're the Chosen One for me Draco. Nothing can deny that," Harry answered back. Draco cuddle further into Harry and the two stayed like that until Draco soundly fell asleep. Harry chuckled at Draco's relaxed figure. He picked up his lovers supplies and carried him to the Eighth Year Common Room. He found Hermione finishing humming a song as she ran her fingers through a sleeping Ron's hair.