XVI

╔═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╗

Chapter 16:
Brother

╚═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╝

Third Person's POV

"We've been in hiding for long enough as it is. If we don't publicize ourselves, civilians will see us as a threat. For the higher circles, we'll take care of that. You're our war hero, and you need to be seen as someone that values the safety of this world first and foremost. Even of that means working with a villain."

"So....you're saying I should be a mean hero, is that it?"

"Basically that....yeah."

"Easy. So....no more laying low?"

"No more. If you get seen, go for it. Just don't overdo it."

With the Mercenaries taking a step forward to a world where it's only black and white, either hero or villain, Kai also takes a step forward as a student, enjoying her life.......

Or that's what it's supposed to be.

"What's the matter Class A? What kind of fan service is that?"

"Fucking shit!"

Kai fumed as she wanted to rip off the cheerleading uniform right then and there.

~Flashback~

After the talk with the 7 rings, Carnage made Kai take a detour since he was hungry. And so while they were quietly eating and minding their own business, she got dragged by seven girls that happened to be her classmates, forced her into a short skimpy dress, and was fed to the eyes of the crowd.

~Flashback end~

"IM KILLING YOU LATER MINETA."

Was what her gaze said as the grape cowered in defeat. After all is said and done, it was time for draws on how the one on one competition should go.