VI

╔═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╗

Chapter 6:
About Time

╚═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╝

~5 years later~

Third Person's POV

[...]

Nothing was uttered inside the walls of pure white. Not a sound came from anywhere, not a small movement. Nothing.

"Not even a thank you? So cold Darius."

The corpse-like man frowned even further and touched the device that was broadcasting him to Kai's vision. It was as if the King of Mercenaries wanted to caress the face of the girl talking to him. They were talking by the means of the ring that she luckily still has on her finger.

[Come back.......I'm sorry.]

"Look Dar, it wasn't your fault. Those heroes worked even with villains just to take us out! And hey, they were looking for me anyway. I just gave them what they wanted."

[But they'll make you worse there!!! Your doctor isn't there— and a-and you aren't allowed to take your meds—]

"Calm your tits baa-chan. I'd like to say I'm fine but I'm just staying here so that I can convince them to lay off on you guys. I'll take care of everything, so make sure I'm the next to inherit the title of 'Mercenary King'."

Said Kai as she smirked through the hologram and sent a flying kiss before ending the call.

5 years has passed since Carnage pledged his loyalty onto Kai, and that time was enough to make heavy changes in her life.