Chapter 16

I walked into the lunchroom with Leah my hands instantly starting to shake as I stared at Sam's table. Nicole ran over to my side and gave me a hug which I shyly returned not wanting anybody to stare at me, even though most of them were.

"I didn't know you were in my lunch." I said as I followed Leah to our table, which of course was way too close to Sam's table than I prefered.

"Yeah, I switched lunches to be with you because clearly we need each other." Nicole said as we sat down on one side of the table and Leah sat on the other with Owen.

"Hey, look who it is! Nicole and Rose!" He exclaimed making me smile and roll my eyes as I pulled my lunch out.

"So how did you and Taylor work out?" I asked taking a bite of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich as I looked over at Nicole.

"Oh, it was so much fun! He took me home and we grabbed Claire and then went out to get pizza and just talked. He's so sweet too! I wish I had known him longer and you know he's from Indiana which explains why I have never heard about him." She said making me smile as she just continued to ramble on about him, but to be honest I stopped listening. I turned around to look at Sam and our eyes met making me quickly turn around and I heard him chuckle since it wasn't very loud in the lunchroom. I looked back at Nicole as she just continued describing what Taylor looked like to Leah and Owen.

"Nicole, you need to go." Leah muttered her eyes staying locked above my shoulder. She turned around and I quickly did the same as Nate stood up his eyes focussed on our table as he started to walk towards us. Nicole quickly grabbed her bag and stood up grabbing my arm as she tried to pull me out of the lunchroom, but she just made me fall out of me seat. She dropped my arm as Nate snaked his arm around her waist making her instantly tense up.

"Dude, let her go. Haven't you done enough damage?" I watched as Jack G walked into the lunchroom his hands in his pockets.

"Shut the fu-" Before I knew what was happening, Jack G had tackled Nate to the ground and the two were throwing punches at each other. I got up and grabbed Nicole's wrist as I pulled her out of the lunchroom not knowing where to take her. She was crying and shaking as I pulled her into the bathroom with me. I wrapped my arms around her hugging her as she sobbed into my shoulder. I turned around as another girl walked out of the stall her eyes widening slightly as she stared at the sobbing girl in my arms. She quickly looked into my eyes her dark, green eyes narrowing as she stared at me.

"Everything okay here?" She asked a faint Australian accent in her voice that I could faintly hear over Nicole's wailing.

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine. Just has some guy bugging her, that's all." I said as she tucked a strand of her light blue hair behind her ear.

"Lemme guess, is it one of the fuckboys? Sam Wilkinson? Nate Maloley? Jack Gilinsky?" She asked jumping up onto the sink so she could sit down.

"Nate." I said leaning against one of the other sinks letting out a sigh as Nicole continued crying.

"I'm Charlotte." She said pulling her phone out of her pocket so she could comfortably sit.

"Rose, and this is Nicole." I said trying to get Nicole to hold some of her own weight since I was practically just holding her up.

"Do you guys need a ride home? I can call my cousin to come pick you up and I'll stay here with you, Rose." She said putting her phone up to her ear.

"Yeah, that sounds cool. Your cousin isn't crazy, right?" I joked and she just laughed and shrugged.

"He's a little bit of a psycho." She smiled and then I heard somebody faintly talking on the other line. "Hi, Taylor! It's Charlotte, can you come pick my friend up from school? I just need you to take her home or wherever she needs to go......Okay! Thanks, Tay, I'll see you soon. I know I know! I won't call you Tay ever again, okay, Tay?" I chuckled and she just rolled her eyes and ended the call smiling over at me.