Chapter 21

I held Claire to my side her head buried in my neck as she breathed softly onto my neck small snores escaping her lips every so often. We had both stayed and talked with Nicole who would just listen and smile to Claire's delight. Nate had driven Sam home and I had taken Sam's car home with Claire. It was nice to talk to Nicole and know that she could hear everything we were saying. I held my keys up towards the sky hoping the moonlight would help me to find the key to the house and since nobody had left the outside lights on, I was struggling. I finally found my house key and quickly unlocked the door and stepped into the house closing and locking the door behind me. I walked up the steps and into the kitchen slowly making my way through the house. Claire slept in Nate's room and to be completely honest I was still scared to be anywhere near his room. I walked over to the door and placed my hand on the doorknob and slowly turned it pushing the door open with my hip. The lights were off but the blinds on his window were up so I could faintly see the outline of the crib. I walked past Nate who was sleeping on the bed the blankets scattered around his body. I set Claire's sleeping body in the crib and put the blanket over her small body. As soon as she felt the blanket on top of her she grabbed her small teddy bear and pulled it to her chest curling up with it. I smiled and leaned down placing a small kiss on her forehead being careful that my stomach didn't smack against the crib. I leaned away from the crib and just watched Claire sleep for a few minutes. It's crazy to think that in a few months I would be staring down at my own two children sleeping in their own cribs. I walked away from the crib and slipped out of the room silently closing the door behind me. I walked next door to Sam's room and opened the door the dim light in the corner of the room causing my eyes to adjust slightly. I closed the door behind me and jumped when I saw Sam stand up from his desk in the corner of the room. 

"Decided to finally come home?" He asked his words slurred slightly as he took drowsy steps towards me. 

"What? Sam are you drunk?" I asked and he stopped in front of me the smell of alcohol prominent on his clothes and skin.

"Because you would know...bitch." He said pushing me against the wall causing me to let out a small gasp of shock and pain.

"Sam, stop, you don't know what you're doing." I spoke calmly not wanting to anger him any more than he already was. 

"But I do know what I'm doing." He said giving me a sly smile his eyes glaring at me causing chills to run down my spine. "I don't want your little slutty babies all because you couldn't keep your legs closed. No, you don't even deserve kids, you fucking slut."

"Sam, stop." I begged the tears running down my face as he paced back and forth in front of me. I didn't care if I got hurt but I was carrying two unborn children who didn't deserve to die or feel any pain because of my stupid actions. I can't believe I trusted Sam, how could I be so stupid? I watched as he grabbed a beer bottle off of the ground and threw it at me causing me to duck as the glass shattered on the wall above me.

"You like that, bitch? You like that?!" He screamed walking over to me and towering over my small body as I covered my stomach.

"Get away from me!" I screamed standing up and trying to get out of the room only for him to grab my arms and pull me back.

"You fucking slut, you don't deserve anything good!" He screamed in my face as I sobbed his grip on me hurting my arms.

"Stop, Sam, you're drunk, please." I begged and he threw me into the wall another scream escaping my lips as I fell to the ground wrapping myself over my stomach as I tried to shelter it. 

"You don't deserve kids!" He screamed and another beer bottle shattered above my head as I screamed again some glass falling into my skin. The door burst open and I looked up staring at a confused Gilinsky and a tired Nate.