chapter 2

Zoey's pov
After a while the earth quakes had started to up again and of course I go to to check up on dad since I know he's been looking into this stuff and a few seconds later Pheobe walked into the room looking at the seismic map "what is this?" She asked catching dad's attention. He definitely did not expect this "hello, um you know there a highly entertaining movie about a killer dog happening right over there" he says "is this a seismic map?" She asked "yes, how'd you know that?" He asked in surprise "because its a map of seismic activity" Pheobe says in matter of fact tone of voice.

Okay just hearing her talk like that made my plans feel sweaty "you're a seismologist?" She says surprise "does that seem so hard to believe?" Dad asked almost like he was offended "figured you for a football coach" Phoebe says making me giggle a little bit. I don't know if I was seeing things but I swear I saw her smile a bit "um thank you" dad says "I'd just take that as a compliment dad" I say "these don't Look tectonic or volcanic" Pheobe says looking as the papers dad had on his desk "Okay smarty" dad said as he walked over to his white bored. This is gonna be interesting "this a volcano all right? It builds and crests" he says drawing that on the bored "but this is a tectonic earthquake, notice little p wave followed by a large s wave" he says drawings that as well.

I kept quite and listened "yeah I'm not an idiot" Phoebe says "clearly, well this is the pattern in summerville large p wave small s wave like an explosion" dad says whipping out the other two lines and drawning the next one. I still should probably say something "where is it coming from?" Phoebe "we don't know, dad set up geophones but we can't triangulate" I say and Pheobe looked at me "is he using three?" She asked "yea, I know how meany sides there are in a triangle" dad say. we both look at him "I just thought you were being obtuse" Phoebe says with a wink, I know it wasn't towards be but I couldn't help but feel heat rise to my cheeks "was that a geometry joke?" Dad "well of course it was dad and it was a pretty funny one as well" I say.

I spent time getting to know Pheobe and even podcast who was a pretty cool kid, when it was time to go home as the 3 of us were walking out we walked into a an older girl "oh hey sis, guys this is my older sister phoenix, sis these are my friends podcast and zoey" Pheobe says and the girl smiled. I shook her hand "well its nice to meet you both, I'm glad that Pheobe is actually making friends" she says and she joined our little group as well.

(A/n= phoenix belongs to my friend rexy4evr)