Chapter 1

Zoey's pov
I was just reading the book I had in my hands "hey did you guys hear, the dirt farmer has a family!" Ome of the older guys says and that caught my interest "really?" I asked "yea kid their out front right now" the guys says and I put my book away. I head our the door and I take a guess at who the family is "hey um are you new to Summerville?" I asked "um yes we are, we're staying at that old ranch" the oldest woman says "well welcome to Summerville and I just want say I didn't think the guy was crazy" I say. The woman smiled a little bit "thank you dear, well I'm callie, this is my son Trevor and my daughter pheobe" she says and I swear looking at Pheobe made my heart skip a beat "well I should be getting home but I'll see ya around" I say and I head home.

The family seems nice and I feel bad as I didn't exactly sat that I kinda knew and worked with their grandfather for a few months before he died. I fianlly make home to see my dad had fallen asleep on the couch again so I covered him up and then went into my own room. I placed my bag down then I pulled out my sketch book and looked to the first few pages with a sigh "if only things could of been different" I say softly as I close it. I put it back in my bag and get ready for bed and yet again mind went back to Pheobe, I don't under why but something about just the thought of her made me all happy a giddy inside and gave me a fuzzy feeling in my stomach.
The next morning I was up at my usual time thanks to my alarm and I got ready and walked out to see dad making breakfast "morning kiddo" he says.

After we had eaten we both head to the summer school that he teaches, I only go as well since I have nothing better to so since I don't really have a lot of friends. I get to the class room first and see Pheobe again but I take my usual seat that was next to hers "good morning class, how are you today?" Dad says as he comes into the room. He had the TV & vhs player "my name is Mr Grooberson, you don't wanna be here I don't wanna here either" he says looking at everyone and ends up putting on the movie cojo. I pulled out my book again "hey I saw you yesterday and I never got your name" Pheobe says catching my attention "yea, your Pheobe right? Well my names Zoey" I say and we actually started talking to eachother a bit "speeding, 3 2 1, she's the new comer in town, an outcast rejected by her peers but what is her secret? Perhaps she's on the run, on the run from herself and go" podcast said as he then put his mic in Pheobe's face.

Okay I definitely expected this to happen "actually my grandfather died, my mum says we're here to pick though the rubble of his life" Pheobe says and and just nervously played with my fingers "so you're here to uncover the mystery of his death?" Podcast says. Does this boy not understand that asking about that is a little insensitive "no, it was natural causes" Pheobe says "are you sure it wasn't unnatural causes?" Podcast says trying to sound creepy "yes, pretty sure it was just a heart attack" Pheobe says "I'm sorry about him, anyway Podcast this is Pheobe" I say.