Chapter Three: Toya and Himiko

I sat on my bed, looking at my phone to check the time. Sero had something come up, and wouldn't be able to come with me. It's fine, that just means I can go on my own. I opened the door to my balcony, looking at my door to make sure it was locked before using the Magic quirk to carry myself over the balcony and towards the LOV's hideout. Soon enough, I had arrived, landing on the fire escape by his window and tapping on it. He pulled the curtain back, smiling and opening it for me. "Hey, little hero! I've been waiting for you to pop up. Come in." 

Dabi moved to the side, holding his hand out to help me climb in through the window. "Thanks, sorry it took so long I was texting Katsuki about the date he asked me on."

"The what?" He blinked, shock on his face. 

"Oh! Yeah, this Saturday I won't be able to come by, I was asked on a date by a classmate. More specifically the one your clan had kidnapped at the camp." I sat down on his bed, looking around at his room. 

"You can't fucking go on a date with him!" He huffed, crossing his arms.

"I- Huh?" I look at him, confusion clear on my face. "What do you mean I can't go?" 

He looked at me, a hint of jealousy in his eyes. "You heard me. I said you can't." 

"Dabi what the hell? Yes, I can, I already said I would. It would be rude to tell him I can't now."

"That's too damn bad, I don't care if it's rude. You are not going on a date with him." 

I laugh, looking at him intensely. "And why can't I?"

"B-Because I don't like the idea of another guy taking you out on a date." 

"Hmm, you say that like I'm your girlfriend." I look at my nails, a smirk on my face. "Didn't take you as the jealous type."

"I-" He growls, grabbing his rolling tray and sitting in his computer chair. 

"Dabi? Are you jealous?" I look at him, my expression softening. "You don't know if you like me or not, you said it yourself." 

"I know what I said!" He sighs, breaking down some before gutting a rello. "I... I just can't explain it, I've never really liked anyone." 

I put a hand over my heart, moving closer to him. "If you like me, then tell me. I won't go. But if you don't tell me, I will." 

He looks up at me, his vibrant blue eyes scanning my face. "Where are you even supposed to be going?" 

"I don't know yet, he wants it to be a surprise." I tell him, sitting on the corner of his bed. "Dabi, you're avoiding my statement."

"I know I am, thanks for pointing it out, captain." 

I huff, crossing my arms. "I can always go back to the dorm you know?" 

"N-No! I'm sorry. Fuck!" He sighs, running a hand through his hair. 

'No... please no, if you do that...' I blush, pushing my thoughts back down. 

"Look, I think I do, but I can't be sure yet. It's dangerous for both of us. You're a hero... and I'm a menace to society." He looks at me, a gentle look resting on his features. "I just don't want anything to happen to you, or for you to have to be part of my world." 

I move his tray, hugging him tightly. "If I ever had to do that it would be of my own intent. Not because of you or your choices." 

He stiffened up, nervously pulling me into his lap and hugging me back. "I just... Don't like the idea of you throwing away your life and everything you're working so hard to achieve for me."