Chapter 3

MICHAEL'S POV:
Mood REPLENISHED! Jeremy asked me to hang out later.. for like.. the first time in 2 months! I told him I'd buy us slushies, and then threw a friendly little wink at him. His face slowly sunk and he whipped his head around extremely quick. "Hm, weird," I thought.

I shrugged it off and continued doodling on my paper. The end of the hour rolled around and I jogged over to Jeremy. Just as I approached him, Christine walked over to him with an unreadable expression on her face. I stopped dead in my tracks and just trudged around the two. I heard them talking, but I decided to just go ahead and walk to my next class and leave them be.

I pulled my headphones over my ears and made a pit stop at the bathroom. I was fixing my messy mop of hair and making stupid faces at myself in the mirror when I heard the door slam open, almost throwing me out of my skin. I looked around the corner and saw-
"Jeremy?" I asked.

"M-Michael?" He looked beat. Tears were running down his face and he just stared at me.

"She... She broke up with me, man." I stopped in my tracks.

"But wh-"

Just as I started talking, he released a sob that I could tell he was holding back. He ran into my arms and hugged me as tight as he could.
"I know you want to know what happened, so she sa-" I placed my hand over his mouth.
"All I want right now is for you to just relax and take deep breaths." I saw him crack the tiniest smile as he hugged me tighter.

God, he's adorable.

WAIT- Not now, gay thoughts.

We stood there for a while, just enjoying each others company. I pulled my arm away from Jeremy for a split second to check what time it was on my watch.

"Oh, hell."

"What is it?" Jeremy sniffled out.

"We're 5 minutes late to class."

Jeremy ripped his arms away from my waist and grabbed my hand.

"Hurry, dude! Our crackhouse of a teacher is gonna kill us!"

We jogged down the hallway and up the two flights of stairs we needed to get to our next class. As we were running, I looked down and grinned.

He was still holding my hand.

JEREMY'S POV:
While me and Michael were jogging down the desolate hallway, I noticed that we were still holding hands. I was about to pull away, when I stopped myself. I kinda... Liked it? That sounds gay. But Michael's my best buddy, so it's no homo.

Right?

NOBODY'S POV:
Michael and Jeremy barged into the classroom, Michael dropping Jeremy's hand milliseconds before it would have been visible to the whole room. Everyone turned and stared at the door. Right as everyone looked at the two, Michael came to a sudden realization. His face turned beet red and he trudged across the room to the empty chair in the back, as did Jeremy.

When the two sat down, they were given a short lecture before the teacher went back to talking about World War ||. Michael aggressively pulled out his phone and began texting Jeremy.

MellNotSmell: Dude we're fucked

HeerioCheerio: Wdym?? We made it here and she doesnt seem that pissed

Michael thought how to send the next message in a way that wouldn't make Jeremy sqeak, but he soon after realized it was useless.

MellNotSmell: Me and you. Walk into class. 5 minutes late. Together. Both our hairs are a mess. We are out of breath. You thinking what I'm thinking?

Michael placed his phone down on the table and looked over at Jeremy. After Jeremy read the message, he looked at Michael with a confused expression.

Michael hesitantly pulled his phone back out to message him again.

MellNotSmell: They think we were making out, moron

Michael watched as Jeremy's face went from 🤨 to 😨 in a matter of seconds. They held eye contact for what seemed like forever before turning away as fast as they could, blushing madly.

JEREMY'S POV:
Ohmygodwerefuckedwhatdoidowhatdidchristinethinkimgonnadierighthererightnowiswearohmygodhelpmepleasekillmemichaelstotallyrightthatswhykidsweresnickeringandsmirkingohmygod

My head is spinning and I can't seem to focus on anything. Nobody really thought that, right??? Oh my god who am I kidding, they totally did. What is Christine thinking?! Oh my god, I'm really wanting to just melt into the ground right now.

What if I was actually making out with Michael? That sounds nice, to be honest.

WHAT.THE.ACTUAL.FUCK. I slam my hands down onto my desk, drawing everyone in the classrooms attention.

"Mr. Heere, would you care to share with the class what is bugging you so much that you feel the need to slam your hands on the desk?" The teacher said, coldly.

Oh my god, why was I thinking about that. Im straight. As straight as they get. It was just a simple bro thought-

The teacher asked me a question, but I didn't even hear what she said. My mind was racing and I spat out the first thing that I was thinking at that moment.

"M-MAKING OUT WITH MICHAEL."