Chapter 6

MICHAEL'S POV:
The world is spinning. I feel high, but with ten times more pain. I slowly pull myself up and trudge to the bathrooms. I splash my face with some water, and look into the mirror. I kid you not when I say I almost shat myself. Behind me was a floating man with a blue outline of sorts. And then, I realized, this was how Jeremy described his squip!

"Hello, Michael. I am your squip."

I stared at him blankly, before nodding.

"From the evidence I am seeing, you wish to go out with your best friend?"

My face goes beet red.

"N-No. In fact, the opposite. I want to remove this crush."

The squip looks at me for a moment.

"But that is not what you want. A squip's sole purpose is to achieve what you want. Removing your crush on "Jeremy Heere" will only cause you grief. That is not what I am made for, Michael."

I looked at him- or, it.

"Michael."

I snapped out of my trance.

"Y-You're wrong. I want to remove my crush on Jeremy."

The squip, the emotionless flappy disk, almost seemed.. Upset.

"Michael, that is not what you truly want. But, your wish is my command."

It stood there for a moment.

"Well? I'm ready! Hurry it up!"

"Michael, I... I am trying to give you time to reconsider. From what I can see, you have liked this "Jeremy Heere" since the 7th grade. Are you sure you really just want to throw that all away?"

I thought for a moment. Maybe it was right... No, what am I thinking? I need to do this. It'll be better for everyone.

"If you do this, well... You can't go back. I can remove feelings, but not 'return' them."

"I..."

As much as I didn't want to do this, I had to.

"I want to... Please, quit trying to persuade me."

It sighed, and slowly closed its eyes.

For some reason, I did the same.

All I felt was a, 'zap' and it was over.

Just like that, 5 years of being head over heels was gone.

If only I would have known how much things would change.

JEREMY'S POV:
So long story short, the app said Michael was at the mall... I thought that was extremely odd, but as I previously stated Michael had been acting extremely off that day.

When we got in, the first place I led Rich was spencers gifts.

To our surprise, Michael wasn't there. Michael has been notorious to make impulse buys when somethings bugging him. Especially at spencers gifts.

"Where else could he have gone?" Rich asked, slowly turning to look at me.

"Food court, or bathrooms..."

The thought of Michael having a panic attack at a mall made my stomach turn.

"Is it okay if we split up? You check food court, I'll get bathrooms?" I asked. If Michael really was having a panic attack, I wanted to be the one that found him. As selfish as that sounds, its true.

"Aye aye, captain!" Rich said, as he ran towards the food court.

I, on the other hand, went to the complete opposite side of the store. When me and Michael came here high once, we discovered this little hidden bathroom area in the back.

If he was anywhere, he would most likely be there.

sorry jer's pov was so short

MICHAEL'S POV:
Great. Just great. Here I am, having a panic attack in a mall bathroom. As soon as I did the "feelings wipe" as the squip called it, it started. This wasn't just some pansy panic attack. I was shaking, crying, and all of that stuff. I felt nothing except friendship towards Jeremy, and I hated it.

I wanted to go back to how I felt a little bit ago, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't.

I tried thinking about his lips. Even his ass, for heavens sakes.

But there was nothing.

I should've listened to the squip.

Speaking of...

"Michael. I tried to warn you."

It stared at me, with a look of sorrow on its face.

Just then, I heard him say some weird command.

"Stress hormones deactivate. Tear ducts deactivate."

Suddenly, I felt fine.

"H-How-"

"As brutal as this sounds, I have full control over you and your emotions. I can be a big help to you. Like now, for example."

"T-thanks..."

Just then, I heard the door swing open. Scared it was security, I hid silently in the stall.

My breathing started to pick up again, and the squip quickly calmed it down. All while looking through the tiny crack of the stall to see who was on the other side.

"Oh, no."

Once I heard him say this, I felt very unsafe.

"Michael?"

I recognized this voice.

Oh, no...