Smitten and Broken

Our time together felt so different and awkward now. But awkward in a cute way. We didn't quite act the same anymore. Hoseok was more reserved about how he would interact with me. On a normal day, he would kiss my head, hug me, rub my back, or play with my hair. But now he was more conscientious with his gestures.

We would bump hands while walking in the hallway sometimes and giggle. Hoseok was always very touchy with me. I missed it now that he seemed to have stop. But I understand why he did. His touches would mean something different now. They held more meaning.

On our way to the cafeteria, we spot Taehyung walking the opposite way in the hallway as us. His eyes meet mine and he smiles. I look at him and grab Hoseok's hand, lacing our fingers together. Hoseok smiles as I do it.

Taehyung watches and seems put off by the gesture. "Juls." He says to me in his deep voice as we come within a few feet of each other. "Taehyung." I say back flatly. I was angry with him for betraying my secret but also happy that he did. Because now Hoseok and I can begin our relationship.

"I wanted to ask you yesterday, but I couldn't find you. Would you like to go on an actual date with me?" Taehyung asks me shamelessly in front of Hoseok. I can't stop the grin that spreads across my face. Taehyung takes it as a good sign, but he shouldn't.

"No thanks, Taehyung. I've already got a date tomorrow." He looks taken aback. He looks at Hoseok and he smiles and nods to Taehyung. "You two?" Taehyung asks, confused. "Yep, us." Hoseok says and smiles as he looks over at me. I bite my lip and grin.

"Yes, thanks to you Taehyung, we both know how we feel about each other. Truly, thank you." I tell him and his eyebrows furrow a bit. His shoulders suddenly drop. "Oh." He says sadly and I almost feel sorry for him.

"G-Glad I could help." He whispers and walks away with his head hung low. I couldn't necessarily feel too badly for him. To be honest, I was on cloud nine.

After classes, Hoseok and I walk back to our dorm

After classes, Hoseok and I walk back to our dorm. We're walking in a peaceful silence as we walk through the parking lot towards our building. Suddenly I stop walking when I hear someone call my name.

"Juls!" I instantly recognized the voice as my twin and look around for him. I spot him getting out of his car and walking over to me. He eyes both of us suspiciously. Trying to decipher if anything went down between us.

"Hi Jinnie." I tell him, smiling so brightly. Jin smiles back, happy to see that there was a smile on my face. I turn to look at Hoseok and speak. "You can head on up; I need to talk to Jin." He nods and smiles. Hoseok waves to Jin as he walks towards the dorm. I sigh happily as I watch his body walk away.

"So, did you tell him?" Jin whispers to me, hoping Hoseok couldn't hear him. I smile deeply and meet my twin's eyes. "Yes, we're going on a date tomorrow. He feels the same way about me." Jin jumps up and down and screams. He's overly excited. Truthfully, his actions were matching my feeling.

Jin smacks my shoulder, and it stings slightly. "Ah!" He busts out laughing. "I told you! I told you. You needed to talk to him first. Now look, you were freaking out for no reason! I knew he might feel the same for you." I chuckle as I rub my burning shoulder.

"Yes, yes, congrats on being right." Jin laughs triumphantly. "Juls! This is amazing! If anyone will treat you right, it's Hoseok. He's the perfect guy for you." I blush at my brother's words. He wasn't wrong. But I didn't want to make that assumption just yet. There was still a chance that we would lack chemistry or attraction.

"We will see after our first date tomorrow. You never know, we might not click romantically." Jin scoffs at my sentence. "I doubt that Juls. You guys get along so well." I smile, again, he wasn't wrong. Our friendship was effortless, it always was.

My heart stops when I hear footsteps and look to see who is approaching us. It's Jungkook. I sigh deeply and begin to walk towards my dorm. I didn't want anything to do with him. He just had to show up and ruin my happiness.

"Juls!" He calls to me, but I continue to walk away.

"Jungkook. Give it up. She's told me everything. You need to leave my sister alone, seriously. She doesn't want you anymore. Actually, she's moved on and has a date with a guy tomorrow. A very promising guy. One you could never compare to. So, I suggest you walk away before you get your face punched again." Jin catches Jungkook up on everything, talking lightning fast.

Jungkook's lip quivers. "She moved on?" He chokes out the words and I keep walking, almost to my building door. I can still hear them unfortunately.

"N-No! She can't. I'm in love with her!" Jungkook walks quickly, trying to get to me before I head inside. Jin stops him and shoves him backwards, forcing him to halt. "JK! It's over. Just move on like she has. If you really loved her you would have come clean. It's over man. Just work on yourself from now on." Jin was trying to reason with him. But Jungkook just couldn't see things from my side. He thought because he loved me that was all that mattered. Love was all we needed.

But we also need trust.

"I guess I have no choice." Jungkook admits solemnly. He turns away and walks the opposite direction. I look back at Jin and he's walking towards me.

"Don't worry about him. Maybe he'll finally give up."

I sigh as we head inside. "I hope."

"