Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Jonah Haak

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket, I pull it out.

"Hi.." I say.

""I'm sorry about earlier.. It was an accident and I was just confused. Trying a new thing if you will." He says.

An accident. An accident? I feel a rage boiling inside of me.

"An accident.." I repeat. I click my phone off speaker and move it closer to my ear as I walk inside.

"Yeah, an accident?" He asks. Is he really this slow? Who makes out with someone on accident, a new fucking thing?

"Well I have to go inside, so I'll talk to you later okay?" I mutter. I quickly hang up the phone before he could say anything.

I open the door and step inside.

"Hey dad, I'm home." I call out to him. I close the door behind me.

"You're home early." He says.

"Yeah things got a little awkward." I say. I have literally no excuse to be home at 11 am on a Sunday, especially considering I was supposed to stay the night.

"What happened to your eye?" He asks. Totally forgot that Rick pushed me off of his bed. I fell onto his table.

"Um I have to take a shower.." I say. I quickly rush up the stairs to my bathroom. After my shower, I headed into my room to grab a fresh pair of clothes.

"Hey Jonah we need to talk when you're done." I hear my dad call from downstairs. I quickly get dressed and walk downstairs.

"Hey, what did you wanna talk about?" I ask walking towards the couch.

"Sit down." He says. I sit down on the lounge chair. "So I spoke to Rick's mom." He states.

Oh my god. Well technically it cant be that bad considering all we did was kiss.

"Im not mad." He continues.

"Can we n-not talk about this please." I say, standing up.

"Sit down, we're talking about it." He demands. I sit down on the chair, crossing my arms.

"I just want to make sure you're okay.. I dont have any reason to be in 'your business' but I think its important that you're aware of.. ya' know.." He trails off.

"Oh my god dad, Im not having sex with Rick and me and Rick arent gonna do anything else. He just wanted to know if he was gay and I helped him, thats all." I say.

He gives me a confused look, scrunching his eyebrows.

"Based on how Mary explained it, I'd say you werent just helping him, but whatever you say, Jonah." He ends.

When I come back, I call Rick.

"Hey Jonah.." He says with a smile on his face.

"Hi."

"Are you alright?" He asks. I give a small smile.

"Did you talk to your dad? I heard my mom on the phone with him." He states.

My smile fades. "Yeah.." I say.

"So we should talk now, right?" He queries.

"What do you want to talk about? You said it was an accident, so it was. I dont wanna talk about anything thay happened today." I said defensively.

"Jonah." He mumbles. I feel tears forming in my eyes.

"I was vulnerable with you and what do I get in return? You trying something new?!" I practically scream. Tears burn my eyes and stream down my face. I realize my hands barely shaking and my breathing growing faster.

"Jonah I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm sorry. I care about you and I love you but I just, I don't know.." He mutter.

"Then why did you kiss me.." I whisper. Even more tears rush down my face.

"Jonah.." He says.

"Why did you do it, Rick?" I murmur.

"I don't know, I'm sorry. It was selfish." He says

"It was. And it was stupid, and apparently an accident, so we can drop it." I say.

Shorter chapter but I think its safe to say it gives a great view of how open Jonah is with his feelings. On a sadder not, even though Rick seems like a total ass, I swear more emotions will be expressed. By more, I mean more, expect a lot of crying.

Another fun fact: I stole Jonah's whole name from Degrassi: Next Class so don't sue me. I'm not good with names, if you haven't already found out. But everyone elses name I made from scratch, minus the last names which I stole from other T.v. shows.

-ash <3