Future Endeavors

2 MONTHS AFTER WRESTLEMANIA
DAYTONA BEACH, FL
(Dori POV)

Well... hey guys! It's been a while. What a weekend huh? WrestleMania came and went, the RAW after was one to remember, and the newly reformed Riott Squad is stronger than ever.

Myself and Gionna were killing it in the women's tag division with successful defenses at Backlash and Hell in the Cell. Meanwhile our Old friend Gunner was going up against Megastars like Drew McIntyre, Big E, and Bobby Lashley, and was currently in a rivalry with the Tribal Chief, Roman Reigns, who was above all else, determined to get his title back.

Now I know what you're thinking "what about Brandon?" Well... after not getting that title due to losing at Fastlane, he just hung under the radar and in turn, creative had nothing for him. I wouldn't blame them really, if one singular man, ran through most of my division, I'd be struggling to find a fresh fued for him too. Now of course, he obviously was still wrestling in dark matches and house shows, I mean hell we both were... after all, tour's not that fun without him around, and I'm not just saying that. Little did we know all that was going to change a little bit.

I was the first to wake up on... I believe it was a Saturday after Smackdown. We were back at home seeing as we weren't on the current tour the company had, but we were still required to show up at Smackdown tapings and PLE's.... Confused? Yeah so were we. Apparently they changed the name of pay per views permanently so that's cool I guess.

Anyways, After taking a shower and freshening up a little bit, I started making breakfast for the two of us. All the while my handsome boyfriend was slowly stirring out of bed. After I put the finishing touches on our meal, which was a good old fashioned selection of protein waffles, sausage links, and orange juice. I knew he liked his protein waffles so I made a healthier version of them. It was then that all hell broke loose.

My phone rang interrupting my music so I finished setting up the table with our food and ran to answer it... it was Hunter...

"Morning boss, what's up?"

"Hey Dori, you know if Brandon's around? This kinda involves him too."

"Uhm... I'm pretty sure he's either still asleep or taking a shower. I can pass on a message though, what's up?"

I said putting him on speaker so I could finish setting up the table for breakfast.

"Well... recently there's been a huge wave of people being let go from the company, and... sadly you guys are on that list due to... budget cuts."

"WHAT?!"

I said nearly dropping the set of utensils I was holding, and running back to the phone.

"Yeah, unfortunately we're gonna have to let you two go... budget's getting real tight with all you guys running around..."

"Budget cuts..."
I muttered to myself so he couldn't hear.

"Alright, I guess this is the end of the road."
I replied trying to hold back a mixture of anger and sadness all at once.

"Indeed, you guys have had stellar careers in WWE, and we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors."

"...ok. Thanks for everything Hunter..."

"No problem, have a good rest of your day."

"I will..."

I said as I hung up. I honestly just put my head down on the counter and cried right then and there. I couldn't believe it... 2 months... 2 MONTHS after the single BIGGEST moment of my life, I get cut... subsequently stripped of the tag titles that I won with the person who I consider my sister... and now I'm out of a job... fucking perfect.

No sooner than I broke down, Brandon walked in to the kitchen... I... I didn't want to tell him... but I had a feeling there was no other choice.

"Everything alright in here?"

His voice was so calm and innocent. It was paining me to do it...

"Y-Yeah... I was just... just finishing up..."

I couldn't do it.

I ran into his grasp and damn near pushed him hard into the wall behind him. He eventually backed into it and sat down with his back against the wall. I cried a little more into his shoulder as he rubbed my back.

"You didn't... hear any of that did you?"

"News travels fast... they put out a tweet."

He took out his phone and showed me the tweet that summed up what Hunter told me.

"Well... I guess it's official..."

I said locking eyes with him.

"Yeah... guess so.."

He said as I repositioned myself on his lap and really sunk this cuddle in deep. This honestly was heartbreaking for me because I knew this was my childhood dream forever, we had a good run, but I guess it's time to have an eye to the future.

Speaking of future... I know of a certain elite wrestling company that's always welcome to new signee's as it seems of late

I think it's time B and I pay them a visit.