8. I Love You

Late that night, Roseanne woke up due to feel thirsty. She stirred and rubbed her swollen eyes before opening it fully just to see that her body has been covered by a nice and warm blanket. She pulled it upward until her nose could smell Lisa’s scent from the blanket. She smiled a little before getting up to get a drink to satisfy her thirst. She knew the younger girl must be sleeping outside, on the not so comfy couch in front of TV in the living room.

She was right when she heard soft snore coming from another occupant. She walked slowly, heading to Lisa. She saw how Lisa curled up in a not so comfortable position. Roseanne was sure the woman would feel stiff and ached all over her body tomorrow morning, if she kept sleeping in that position. Roseanne continued her journey to the kitchen and poured herself a glass of mineral water and gulped it in a quick motion. She exhaled and dragged her body back to the living room. She approached Lisa and squatted in front of the younger woman. She removed the strain of hairs from Lisa’s face so she could observe Lisa more clearly.

“You’re so beautiful. How can I not realize it sooner?” Roseanne said inaudibly while caressing Lisa’s cheek with the back of her hand. The girl moved a little and Roseanne froze, feeling afraid she would wake up. Fortunately, Lisa only changed position sideways.

Roseanne smiled again before bravely leaning in and kissed Lisa’s porcelain cheek. She stood up and got back to Lisa’s bedroom, but not to continue her sleep there. She took the blanket got back to where Lisa was. She giggled silently and sat on the edge of the couch. Slowly, she made Lisa’s body scoot until the woman reached the corner of the couch. Roseanne laid her body sideways so it was possible for the couch to accommodate two women. Roseanne sneakily wrapped her right hand around Lisa’s waist and tucked her head beneath Lisa’s chin.

“Goodnight, Lisa~” Roseanne placed a kiss on Lisa’s neck and shut her eyes closed. That time was the most peaceful sleep Roseanne ever had, being inside Lisa’s embrace. The night went on with Lisa being oblivious of another presence intruding her personal space.

“Ugh~” Lisa wanted to rub her eyes but her hands couldn’t move. It was like there was something or rather someone preventing her hands from moving. Another habit Lisa often did was stretching her body while trying to open up her eyes but then again, her body couldn’t move freely. It was like there was a huge burden on top of her that made her unable to move at all. Forcedly Lisa opened up her eyes.

“What happened? Why I cannot move at all?” Lisa murmured hoarsely.

“What the?!” Lisa almost cursed when she saw it was Roseanne all along who prevented her from moving her body and cracking her joints.

Roseanne had her leg on top of Lisa’s legs that Lisa couldn’t move her foot. Her hand wrapped around Lisa’s waist and her head was on Lisa’s shoulder. Practically, Roseanne had half of her body weight on top of Lisa. Tenderly, Lisa removed Roseanne’s hand and leg before slowly trying to up. She made sure Roseanne would have comfortable position and her body already covered beneath the blanket before she walked to the kitchen.

“She must be sleepwalking and ended up on couch. Tsk~ She’s so clumsy when she’s drunk.” Lisa shook her head while thinking that finding Roseanne sleeping with her was purely coincident.

Lisa opened up her refrigerator and found some vegetables and chicken. She checked her rice cooker and exhaled in relief when she saw there’s enough portion of rice to feed both her and Roseanne. Lisa started to prepare the seasons she needed to make Kimchi fried rice, a simple yet delicious food for breakfast. It didn’t cost her too much time to finish her cooking since she had mastered it since long ago. She let the rice still in the frying pan and covered it so the heat wouldn’t be dissipated. Not long after, her mobile rang and yes, it was Minjeong who called her.