Chapter 10

John began to shake as he struggled against Katrina. He groaned in pain as she slowly shoved him backwards. The knife slid out from his stomach; she had grabbed it just in time as he reached out to her.

'Tell me, John, does that hurt?'

She snarled at him as she watched him fall back against the island bench, his hand pressed against the wound, blood seeped through his shirt and past his fingers. 
He looked up at her for a few moments before treating his wound.

'There's no point, John, I'm no doctor here, but I think I got you in a terrible area'.

He coughed a couple of times before sliding to the ground; a small pool of blood surrounded him. His eyes never left her as she dialled through the emergency.

'I liked you, John, but it's a shame you turned out to be... Like this'.

She examined the knife before placing it in the sink. 
John looked helpless, and her heart rate increased when she noticed blood seeping from the corner of his mouth.

Well... He might be set free in a few years, so maybe he should die now.

She stared at him for a few moments before kneeling down before him, pressing her hand against his cheek, 'I loved you John but...'.
She was having a hard time explaining, 'I loved the man before all of this, I loved the man who made love to me like a gentleman... But I don't like this John... Someone who cares very little about others'.
She doesn't want to, but something inside of her urges her to. So she leans in and kisses him.
The taste of copper seeps into her mouth as John begins to kiss her back. He winces in pain when he tries to move in order to touch her.

'I love you'.

He struggles to say but she knows and understands but she can't say it back, not now... Not ever.

+

He was gone.

Gone from her life.

Gone from life itself.

Died not long before the ambulance and cops came. Katrina was kissing him when his lips stopped moving. When she moved away and called his name she was met with eyes drained from life. John Wick was dead.

Emmit Jacksons' killer was dead.

The man who Katrina had learned to love before was dead.

She was alone once again, she missed Johns' hand on hers but it was now replaced by the feeling of her hands on a knife, his hands ontop of her own, struggling as he tried to slide the knife out of his stomach.

'I'm gonna miss you John'.

She remembered saying to him before he slipped away.

He was a mysterious man, a man whom the police would tear apart and find so much hidden inside.

He was like a mirror, only partially shattered.